Bush and Beach-Bum
nissan
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Maybe a typo, but maybe fishing for someone who has too much money or doesn't do their research.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Buy it now $8,800.

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
That's been listed quite a few times with prices ranging from $5,000-$12,000........if he only sells a couple a year he's probably making quite a bit of money.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,599 Posts
Typo? They usually go for 650.
Maybe they are out of stock or thining out the back orders. Many vendors up the price of goods to stop sales for a a while in order to catch up!

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Maybe they are out of stock or thining out the back orders. Many vendors up the price of goods to stop sales for a a while in order to catch up!
True heaps of sellers do this.:)

·
Registered
Nissan
92 Posts
Extreme Rear Bar

The only thing extreme about that bar is the price.

But I want one :crazy:

And in 6 thousand 500 days, I gonna get one!;)

·
Bush and Beach-Bum
nissan
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's definitely odd :rolleyes:

I should send him a message just out of curiosity ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Yeh something goin on there. The bidding has ended for that item, but I see another one he's selling. 6500 start bid 8800 buy now.So who here bought it? :crazy:

Wham bent.

·
Registered
nissan
445 Posts
Thats a Kaymar in the picture...right down to the LED lights and naff method locking the jerry cans. I would hope his 'copy' has better powder coating to justify the price hike.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
emailed him, there out of stock for 6 weeks, there $650, do that to keep the listing fees down, hence the price.

Reactions: motomuzz

·
Bush and Beach-Bum
nissan
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, there you go! Thanks for clearing that up ;)

Would be a pretty good deal for $650 I would say.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
hey? Ive sold 100's of things on Ebay, and its actually the opposite. You pay more for a buy it now price and more for the higher the buy it now price...and it cost more for the higher the start bid, soooooo his explanation doesnt really add up to me.

Also as a seller you pay a higher % of fee the higher it sells for.So who in their right mind would bung $8,800 as a buy it now price to pay something like 500 bucks in fees "if" someone did click the buy it now price?

Yowser the seller must be a special kind of stupid

·
Registered
nissan
978 Posts
Unless it was built for a specific person, and they don't really complete the checkout.

Or instructions in the listing direct you to contact them directly for 'BIG discount you love us longtime!'

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
each time you create a listing it costs you money regardless if its sold or not, as said alot of sellers do this especially companies, the listing stays up, not costing again to re-do, if someone hit buy now they would get a message explaining whats happening. In this case its a six week wait and there $650. At no cost to the seller..... cause no sale would go through. Its a good idea, not a special kind of stupid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts