Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
GUIII4.8er said:
If it sounds too good to be true
what usually follows this statement?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ahhh, shouldn't the detail include some description of what their device actually does, instead of nothing but a bunch of un-verifiable testimonials about how well it works???

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Interesting to know how it is a "Dry Cell" when the photo shows it with a 1 quart water reservoir.

Maybee it is actually just a water injection kit and they are trying to convince us that it created hydrogen out of the tiny little bit of water it sprays into the intake.

For your $240 you get about $50 bucks worth of parts that you could always turn into a sprayer for the intercooler. That way it might be more useful.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
Interesting to know how it is a "Dry Cell" when the photo shows it with a 1 quart water reservoir.

Maybee it is actually just a water injection kit and they are trying to convince us that it created hydrogen out of the tiny little bit of water it sprays into the intake.

For your $240 you get about $50 bucks worth of parts that you could always turn into a sprayer for the intercooler. That way it might be more useful.
Its called a dry cell cause no water or electrolite is injected into the engine.
Its a hydrogen fuel cell that creates hydrogen gas from the water and elctrolite added into it ((NaOH, Sodium Hydroxide somthing like draino and so on) which is then added with some electicery creates the gas piped into the air intake of the vehicle, using the cars suction to pull in the gas, acting the same way lpg injection does, just not under pressure.
The gas is not stored, it makes it as you need it.
This kit is a very primertive one and wont last long as the rubber seals between the stainless plates will corrode quickly and it is not a sealed unit, it also dosnt have a scrubber to clean the gas before entering your motor, if the gas isnt cleaned the caustic in the gas can be very corrosive on the inside of your motor.

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
that kit wouldnt even run a whipper snipper let alone any power increase on a 3.0l diesel . they do make hydrogen but not enough to make any difference

·
Ring In..... for now
nissan
282 Posts
I've got some blinker fluid I can sell you if you're due for a service.... about $100 worth per globe should be enough I'd think!
paypal me the money & give me your address and I'll send it through to you ;)

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
Yep the old browns gas con job. These kits will produce a very small amont of gass but so little and at such a low calorific value as to be neglagable. You can make your own kit with plates and kitchen chopping boards,,,, fun to pop the gass with a flame,,,, but no gold mine!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
IF that steam coming out of the cell was hydrogen gas and oxygen, there'd be a big KABOOOOM and they'd be dead.

It generates steam due to the increased resistance inside the cell boiling the water...

Toatl bullsht.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
can we have a sticky?
it seems every week someone asks about turning ash into wood and burning it again.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts