Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
85kw of Brute Strength
nissan patrol
829 Posts

not wireless but since we're checkin speeds.....

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts

To be fair i'm about 120nm off Karratha on a vessel and the server is in Norway.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Before you jump onto iPrimus, have a look at what plans different ISPs offer with this handy site:
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/
iiNet and Internode are the top two to look at. I'm with the big ii, 200GB plan, ADSL 2+ speeds (If I was close enough to the exchange lol), bundled with the phone for $80 a month.

·
85kw of Brute Strength
nissan patrol
829 Posts
Before you jump onto iPrimus, have a look at what plans different ISPs offer with this handy site:
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/
iiNet and Internode are the top two to look at. I'm with the big ii, 200GB plan, ADSL 2+ speeds (If I was close enough to the exchange lol), bundled with the phone for $80 a month.

agreed , shop around , you may find better , i am with iprimus for good reason but it may not suit everyone

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah the only reason i thought id go with that is 2 of my mates are with them and they get really good speeds also. iv looked on that site before lord,cheers. a mate of mine in hammy hill had iinet and the speed was **** even on the fast plan. might of just been a problem with his connection. i will shop around more but that platnum one looks pretty good. mobile pricing looks pretty good :)

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Yeah, it depends on how far you are from the exchange. ADSL2+ Broadband Exchange Information - Search and compare broadband Internet plans for ADSL, ADSL2, Naked DSL is bloody handy for getting a good idea of what sort of speeds you should/could be getting on ADSL. Since I'm pretty much on the edge of the exchange, I'm getting about 2meg down. I'm grateful for that much, because my boss is stuck with Ocean Broadband who give him the absolute willies. And he lives in Thornlie, so he's got the worst of both worlds :p

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,266 Posts
At work, :p

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,266 Posts
!!!! i didnt know you could get upload speeds like that. i suppose it must be a death business plan
State Government Business Plan :D

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,266 Posts
You sign on the dotted line after, 'you cannot use the internet privileges to access anything, only google, other state government and federal government sites, charity sites and patrol4x4.com is allowable'.
Its not really worth giving up something to get teased with great internet speeds for free with no way to use them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts