Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some HD 11mm lower control arms from "Road Runner" after snappping a standard one recently.
Tried doing it myself but the bolts will not budge. I even put a jack under the ratchet and it lifted the car lol so I got a quote from a mechanic to save me breaking my tools or losing my temper with it and possibly putting a ratchet through the windscreen haha...

Anyway $290 to remove sub fuel tank & fit drivers side control arm + any parts that need replacing (hoses, clamps). And $70 for the passengers side. That is alot of money IMO but I need it done ASAP as I am booked in for LPG next week. Just wondering what you guys think of this quote...

PS, If anyone wants to take the job for $200 it's theres lol

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Not that I'm a mechanic, but it might help if you post which area you live in mate.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
You should not need to remove the sub tank surely?
Mine has the nut end of the bolt next to the tank and the bolt ends both came out from the out side.

It took me about 15min for each side (but the nuts did come off easy on mine).
I sprayed the nuts and bolts with Inox about a week before and again the day before I tried removing them and that may have helped. I also used a long extension handle (pipe).

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in St marys, NSW.
Nope, the bolt end is on the inside (flush against tank) with the nut on the outside :(

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Have you tried turning up at a mechanics with a 6 pack and asking him to crack your nuts? (so to speak).

I got my 4 radius arm bushes pressed in this way last time.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Get a mate with a rattle gun or get a breaker bar and fit a long bit of pipe to the end, it will crack just might take abit.

·
Banned
nissan
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cracked them :)
Borrowed a breaker bar and the assistance of a mate.
Now I just have to find the best way to drain this sub tank...

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,695 Posts
Yep did mine a few months ago, soaked with wd40 and used a breaker bar with a long socket drive, braced one with my knee and yanked on the other...loosened no probs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts