Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
just finished my turbo kit and the car is running good but i dont want to take it for a spin untill i fit the EGT gauge, know its a stock TD42 auto and it will be running 7psi to start with also has a 3"exaust and a top mount intercooler, are you able to give me a an idea of safe EGTs 400-550 is from what i gather, just roughly so i know when to pull the hell over befor bang time.
cheers
sutto

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
if you havnt touched the fuel pump yet (wound it up) then it will be fine to drive how ever you want

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh cool that makes things easy. cheers mate. still a good idea to fit one?

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
always a good idea to fit one, then you can add more fuel and boost , 12 psi is a safe boost level , then add enough fuel to keep the egt`s under 550

·
Registered
60 Posts
get a decent brand pyro installed then take it to united fuel injection and get a tune, it will be the best money you have ever spend and there pretty well priced

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
get a decent brand pyro installed then take it to united fuel injection and get a tune, it will be the best money you have ever spend and there pretty well priced
x 2 ... esp with the Auto box. United should get it humming very nicely indeed.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, i just took it for a spin earlier very happy with it everthing works well, what would i be looking at aprox for a tune from united?

·
Registered
98 Posts
are these temps pre turbo or post turbo?
Mine runs Up to 650c on big hills towing stuff. But my probe is mounted before the turbo.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
i get up to 1200F, which i think is about 550 or so. as long as your not pushing these temps for too long-a periods the diesels are unbreakable. egt is post turbo

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
i get up to 1200F, which i think is about 550 or so. as long as your not pushing these temps for too long-a periods the diesels are unbreakable. egt is post turbo
1,200 Degrees F is 650 Degrees C.

If that is post Turbo I'd be backing off a tad but OK for pre Turbo

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
mine boosts to 11psi and i get up to 450-500 on big climbs my pyro is after the turbo.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well finally hooked up my pyro, took it for a spin down to the beach. on idle the temps at 200-(lowest point on the gauge) cruising around town 60 -80kph 250-270, on the freeway doing a 110 in final drive is 300-320. yet to take it up hill and give it a hard time
this is with a half turn on the pump and the probe is after the turbs and at 8psi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts