Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just picked up my delux bar from arb which I ordered last week, made clear that I want the optional fog light kit one. And they have supplied the fog lights and loom.

However.

Just got home and had a proper look at the bar to check over any marks or scratches before I Fit it. There is no plastic inserts for the fog lights/ indicators. Just the rectangular hole for the indicators.

Now my question is, is a delux bar for a 2002 gu ti compatible with the plastic inserts/fogs? Or do they not make a delux bar that is compatible with fogs?

Seems strange that they have sold me the fogs and wiring harness for a bar that doesn't have the option is all.

The part number for the bar I have is - 3417100
But there is another number on the instructions as well as this (I assume that both bars use same instructions.

Other number is 3417110. I read it as the one I have is non fog compatible and the later part number is fog compatible bar?

Can anyone clear it up for me before I give them a round of f*cks on Monday morning.

Please see attached pic of what I have. ( looking on there website at the bar it is correct but in description says can be optioned with fogs.

Attachments

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
It looks like what they call a 'commercial' bar.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na it's definately the delux as has the plastic/rubber front peices in the fitting kit that the commercial doesn't have.

Still can't find a pic anywhere of one with fogs. Not Google, on here, 4wdaction or anywhere??!

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
no, thats a "deluxe" arb bar for series 2-3. its the correct bar.
The only bar that ARB make for the series 1-3 gu with the foglight kit is the "sahara" bar.
the GUIV models came with foglight cutouts standard on all "delux" bars, even if they werent ordered with a foglight kit.
The commercial bars on series 4-present have the rectangular holes for the normal older-style indicators.

If you personally made it clear you wanted a bar with foglights like the pic of the later GU bars, and ARB sold it to you with the understanding that your bar would have those features, ARB will probably come to the party and fit your foglight kits for you for nothing.... just a matter of cutting the different template in the bar wings and fitting the stock kit.... easy done.

Iv seen it before when ARB have sold a "Delux" bar to a series 1-3 owner and have misled them to think they get foglights in that bar, ARB fitted them to the bar for nothing.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much mate,

Can't see them doing that as I got a mega discount on it anyway through the trade. Don't think they made much on it themselves to be honest.

Will fit it and call them Monday and give them a bollocking and see if I can't get a good deal on a diff cover or swag

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
This is a series 4-current "delux" or deluxe *spelling* bar without foglight option.

IMG_3796.jpg

This is a series 2-3 "delux" bar. -same as yours.

DSC_1998.jpg

This is a series 1-3 'sahara' bar.(only series 1-3 GU ARB bar that came with foglights and single center hoop.)

IMG_1685.jpg

this is a series 4 delux bar with foglight option.

IMG_0877.jpg

This bottom one is the kit they should have sold you.... only difference between bars is the cutout for the plastic shroud.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Obviously the salesman didn't read the price list properly because as mentioned the Series 1-3 GU bar doesn't have fogs. They can't cut them in either because it'll void your warranty and not be ADR compliment but I've sold the surrounds to people to do themselves. The Hilux fog light surrounds look really good in these... but it'll be a DIY project.

How did the Salesman fix it up?
BTW, ARB don't make diff covers for the Patrols, only DANA diffs. I reckon a bolt on diff cover similar to the Hard Hat would work well though, but that's a different topic.

Reactions: 1302toby

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Matt you need part number 3417300 for winch bar

Or part number
3217300 For non winch but why would you

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
OP has a 02mdl, the above pic is 04-present.... different bars, different cars. the 2 bars will bolt up but different shape fronts will make it look ugly... the bar he was given is the correct bar for his car.... it was simply misrepresented as having foglight compatibility.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Won't it only stick out around 30mm near grille. No big deal i reckon. That's what i would fit

Have confirmed this with ARB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts