Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Saw a thread before the server crashed about people sourcing lockers from America because it's cheaper. I just couldn't find a link to the thread, tried to search for it all it came up with was chinese lockers or something.

I got a quote from ARB for it,
H233B 31SPL for $1300 for front
H260 34SPL R $1350 for rear
$405 for each one to be installed.

I was just looking for the thread and hoping anyone might know where to get em.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they were something like $800 from America..

which is funny if they are from Aus :(

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
AFAIK, they are made in aus, sent to america, and are still cheaper to freight back here cause ARB count on 95% of dopey fckers not using the debit card and never hearing of USPS.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,994 Posts
just differentials sent me a quote for $2294 inc delivery for arb front and rear airlockers and the big compressor.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,276 Posts
Hey guys,
I got a quote from ARB for it,
H233B 31SPL for $1300 for front
H260 34SPL R $1350 for rear
$405 for each one to be installed.
Rang ARB today myself asking for prices.
Got the same as above + $540 for their compressor.

I assume it's plated in some precious metal.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rang ARB today myself asking for prices.
Got the same as above + $540 for their compressor.

I assume it's plated in some precious metal.
$350 for compressor and then 180$ installation, but I already got compressor was on my quote.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hard decision is waiting for new tyres and then saving for lockers, or buying lockers, and saving for more tyres, only got my 31" tyres at the moment, and they still got tread, just aint no mud tyre tread :(

·
Registered
977 Posts
We are always gouged in this little tax oppressed island. I guess that's why everybody is sports obsessed, it hides people from the truth. We pay far too much for everything.

·
Registered
387 Posts
From an ARB employee - they make them all here and fill entire shipping crates of them bound for USA. Supply and demand! They sell heaps of them in US at a much smaller margin...

It's even more so with wines - we lived in USA for a few years and used to buy Moet from Costco for about US$34. We sometimes found Penfolds bin 389 for as low as US$20, when at the same it was anywhere between about $50 - $80 back here.

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would ARB install them if they are bought from America?..

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,807 Posts
We are always gouged in this little tax oppressed island. I guess that's why everybody is sports obsessed, it hides people from the truth. We pay far too much for everything.
If you think Oz is expensive to live in, try coming to NZ. Our GST just hit 15% this month and they have added the Carbon trading tax to everything as well. I've decided to come back home as their are better wages, more opportunity and less tax.
Al

·
Registered
nissan
676 Posts
Would ARB install them if they are bought from America?..

Good chance they wouldnt even know they were from the US. But from what I have read here.. I dont know if I would get ARB to install their own product... Perhaps do a little research on your local ARB dealer and make sure they have a decent rep... I know its only word of mouth.. But damn thats a strong form of advertising.

And also enquire about any import taxes etc.. I believe if you keep yout item under $1000 you dont pay anything (GST, import duties etc). Might bring one in at a time :)

My 2c...

Toy

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm pretty sure our local ARB has a great rep, just I don't know anyone who has ordered lockers from overseas, from what I can see, there was no import taxes.

On Jacket's quote it says: "Out-of-state sale, exempt from sales tax" so, that would be GST I would assume. None of the items are over $1k each so that might make a difference

·
Registered
nissan
676 Posts
What about importing an E Locker?
Anyone know supplier/agent and part numbers for Front in 06 GU TD42ti?
The E-Locker for the GU is designed and I think made in Aus.. By Harrop Engineering.. Not sure tho... Not sure if he actually exports them..

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm pretty sure our local ARB has a great rep, just I don't know anyone who has ordered lockers from overseas, from what I can see, there was no import taxes.

On Jacket's quote it says: "Out-of-state sale, exempt from sales tax" so, that would be GST I would assume. None of the items are over $1k each so that might make a difference

Not a GST reference, bu a US thing, where each state is responsible for it's own sales tax system. If you live in the US state you are buying from, the store is supposed to collect sales tax from you (almost always charged on top of sticker price - even on a can of coke), but if you buy something from interstate, they can sell it to you sales tax exempt because you are responsible for (read supposed to) paying sales tax in the state you're importing it into!!!!! Unless you live in Delaware, which is sales tax free...

It's similar when importing stuff into oz; you as the importer are responsible, it's just that due to customs declarations things might be a bit more obvious!

·
Registered
nissan
711 Posts
I'm often jaleous of all the after market parts you guys have available but there are some rare days that bragging rights come back my way... Check this link:
ARB Air Locker for Nissan H233B with 31 spline axles - ARBRD136

It's not a typo, $769 for the ARB-Rd136 in the States (a short 45min drive and 1 border crossing)

Cheers,
Mr. D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.