Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should i expect to pay for a set of front and rear air lockers (fitted) from an ARB dealer?

If you were only able to afford one, would you put it in the front or rear?

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
About $3,400 for both front and back.. fitted. ( give or take a $100 depending on where you go ) Not including compressor

Most people will say go the front first as the LSD ( rear ) in the Patrol is one of the best around.

has made a world of difference to my Troll off road. Rarely do I need a bootful of gas anymore... just lock the front and rear and crawl away.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
The nissan stock rear lsd is pretty good as far as lsd's go, plus you can shim the hell out of it and almost lock it. So if budgets a concern throw a locker in the front and and utilise the lsd in the rear. However, comparing a truck with a rear locker only to a truck with a front locker only, the truck with the rear locker will get further every time. Firstly due to the fact you mostly drive forward (derrr lol) the weight is better set on the rear axle allowing better purchase in most circumstances plus the nissan rear end flex's much better than the front thus keeping the grip on the deck better.

So unless you want to drive in reverse the rear lockered truck will out drive the front locker only truck.

If you are not being a tight arse jewbag ... go both, as said above $3500 will see dual lockers fitted :D

One word of warning ... a dual locked truck with good tyres and decent lift will and can get you into a lot of trouble that other 4wd's wont be able to help you with. They get you further/deeper into the sheit .....

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
River rat said:
How much should i expect to pay for a set of front and rear air lockers (fitted) from an ARB dealer?
way too much

front. Rear LSD is great.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by River rat
way too much

.. only if buying in AUS .. US is considerably cheaper including shipping.

Quote:
front. Rear LSD is great.

LSD will NEVER be as good as a locked diff period.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
78 Posts
open google > type in some key words such as "ARB" "price list" > download price list > bingo, you will know just how much you should be asked to pay at any ARB store.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
GUTourer said:
LSD will NEVER be as good as a locked diff period.
nope but if your buying 1 locker, you would always go front.
1 locker + LSD will always go further than 1 locker and open front.

YMMV

·
Registered
nissan patrol
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like the Putting one in the front and keeping the LSD in the rear will be the go for a man on a budget. Besides, i am not going to be doing serious hard core off roading either.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Got a front one from JT differentials in USA $1070 delivered to door(posted) arrived within 10days not too bad for WA standards!!!!!! $400 cheaper than local supplier and that was when dollar at $0.95, just got to have a bit of time to fit it and endless air system, I believe ARB compressor is cheaper from them as well.

Search on here plenty have brought from them

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
You can get H260 lockers for 800US plus shipping ....

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
if you have a little bit of nohow and you pull the center out and eather install it yourself ( not real hard) or just pull the center out and take it into the shop will save you around $300 per diff for the first one or around $150 for the 2nd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts