Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rang ARB to order a new rear bar and to my surprise they couldn't even give me a date when one would be ready. The rude guy on the phone basically said "It's an old vehicle and not high on our priority". Didn't even want to see if anyone had stock.

What nice looking alternatives are out there? I need a new tow bar and bumper which the ARB bar combines.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have an MCC bar on their series 4? They are in stock and a fair bit cheaper than ARB (also have reverse sensors holes). I did like the idea of a colour coded rear bar.

·
Registered
nissan
471 Posts
What about Kaymar and Raslar. Not a fan of the imported chinese bars. They are cheaper to buy but they dont offer the protection of a good Aussie made one. You do get what you pay for....

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
2003 zd30 manual wagon
525 Posts
I rang ARB to order a new rear bar and to my surprise they couldn't even give me a date when one would be ready. The rude guy on the phone basically said "It's an old vehicle and not high on our priority". Didn't even want to see if anyone had stock.

What nice looking alternatives are out there? I need a new tow bar and bumper which the ARB bar combines.

Thanks
try a different arb dealer.

hopefully you might get someone more helpful

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try a different arb dealer.

hopefully you might get someone more helpful
Rang my local ARB and then the head office in Melbourne. He was a *****. I acted like i had to replace a damaged bar and he still wasn't interested.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about Kaymar and Raslar. Not a fan of the imported chinese bars. They are cheaper to buy but they dont offer the protection of a good Aussie made one. You do get what you pay for....
I thought MCC were Australian. On their website it says "High quality made bar (Not chinese 2mm)"

I will try and go the Raslarr however they aren't available until May.

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
672 Posts
When I was looking into this recently, it came down to OzBar by Kaymar or Raslarr.

OzBar is built by Kaymar. It's their slightly less tricked out version. Big difference is Kaymar has an integrated tow hitch, with the Ozbar you use your factory tow hitch. Other than that there's not much difference in it.

Made in Australia too

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,397 Posts
Have you looked at Uneek? I'll take a pic of mine today. The when carrier opens with the back door which is awesome!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you looked at Uneek? I'll take a pic of mine today. The when carrier opens with the back door which is awesome!
I tried but their website isn't working. Raslarr has this feature on one of their youtube clips. I just emailed them to see the price.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raslarr have said they can make their rear bar a tow bar for an extra $100. Has anyone seen or got this? I'm guessing it would save some weight and improve departure angle a bit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Raslarr have said they can make their rear bar a tow bar for an extra $100. Has anyone seen or got this? I'm guessing it would save some weight and improve departure angle a bit.
I'd like to know what their rear bars w/ tow hitch look like. I'll be looking out for a rear bar later In the year, and raslarr are looking more and more attractive. i really like how accommodating they are to customer requests.

EDIT: Ideally I'd love to have something custom made, similar to what i had on my old Navara a few years back

·
Registered
259 Posts

Thanks
They probably checked the stock while you were on the phone, it appears they are quoting 3 months + for most older vehicle stuff.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They probably checked the stock while you were on the phone, it appears they are quoting 3 months + for most older vehicle stuff.
They said they don't even have a date to start producing the GU rear bar as it's not something they sell much of.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,397 Posts
I went in to see ARB 4 years ago when i bought my GU and they flat out told me that if I was going to ever drive in a corrugated road to not bother even look at their rear bar. They were sick of repairing warranty claims.
So I bought a Uneek rear bar, but it doesnt incorporate the tow bar.

I tried but their website isn't working. Raslarr has this feature on one of their youtube clips. I just emailed them to see the price.
Yeah i tried their website too but not working. there are a couple of pics on their facebook page

This is interesting because most of these bars don't utilise the towbar mounting points. $100 sounds pretty good value if its rated and utilises the correct fixing locations

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is interesting because most of these bars don't utilise the towbar mounting points. $100 sounds pretty good value if its rated and utilises the correct fixing locations
Yeah i might have to quiz them again when it comes time to order. I asked for a picture but they didn't have any as its not a common option.

Unfortunately they don't do the auto closing spare wheel carrier. Had issues with previously cracked doors.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,397 Posts
Unfortunately they don't do the auto closing spare wheel carrier. Had issues with previously cracked doors.
So the back door cracked with their auto opening feature??

Here are some pics of mine 🙂
20210217_133150.jpg
20210217_133141.jpg
20210217_133131.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
@trev zd30 thats a good looking '16 CRD. where'd you get the side steps and brush bars from?

How heavy is that rear bar? it looks like a lot of steel.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,397 Posts
@trev zd30 thats a good looking '16 CRD. where'd you get the side steps and brush bars from?
They are Powerful 4x4. Look good but I've modified them to fit. The fit was so bad i even rang them to see if it was right. The installer told me they all "almost" fit. I spent a lot of time with a pipe bender on the brush bars but being Chinese steel it's slightly bugger than the dies we have here 🙄. So then I literally cut them both in half and rotated to correct position and re welded and painted. Not perfect but a ****e load better. Then there were the side steps.......😔😔😕😕

How heavy is that rear bar? it looks like a lot of steel.
Yep the rear bar is well built. Looks like a lot of steel and its strong and is pretty heavy. I didnt weigh it but it was a 2 person lift.

Edit: the rear bar has the ability to take a rear winch (with an additional cradle), so the bar is built with that in mind.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Try Opposite Lock, I went with them in the 80s because of I don't care up to you attitude of ARB. At least Opposite Lock know whats out there and know the product. I have used the Dandenong store in Melbourne with great success and hassle free.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts