Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, just had an ARB roof rack installed - full length.
Is it normal that the rubbers at the top door flick the mounts when opening and closing?
It does not stop the door closing or opening, probably a couple of millimetres at the top is brushing.
Regards

·
Registered
nissan
198 Posts
Mine was a PITA to fit. I ended up tightening up the gutter mounts first, and then tightening the bolts that hold the basket to the legs (opposite of recommended method). If I tightened the legs to the basket first I couldn't get the gutter mounts to line up nicely at all. They were fouling the doors and the bolt from the clamp into the leg wouldn't line up.

So maybe loosen the basket bolts and try to re-adjust the gutter mount first? Or if it was fitted, take it back and make it their problem!

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is it normal that the rubbers at the top door flick the mounts when opening and closing?
It does not stop the door closing or opening, probably a couple of millimetres at the top is brushing.
Regards
Gudday mate, i have the same problem but that's because it has those chrome gutter moulds, is yours a TI? This could be the reason, i just did mine up extra tight, probably dented the moulds but it fixed the problem. ;)

Col

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, mines an ST.
Thanks for your response.
No chrome gutters.
I've been doing a bit of research on this and I've been told that this roof rack is the first of a new design, and this new design is as a result of a recall on ARB roof racks.
The people who installed it are very good, they install lots of equipment (just not GU Patrols) for the company I work for and are good trademen - they have been advised by ARB that there are issues with the legs on these units and are being sent another set.
Hopefully, that will resolve the issue.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Mine just went straight on without any problems, but its obviously an older model etc..

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
spartan said:
.... this new design is as a result of a recall on ARB roof racks
So whose had their Rack Recalled, changed, repaired, or had any problems?

·
Registered
nissan
107 Posts
I took my ARB tradesman rack back and got a refund , the clamping system that they use is crap , doesn't sit on the underside of the gutter very well at all , ARB's answer was to tighten them up untill they conform .... STUFF that i want to have my Patrol for 20 years and still have the gutters intact . I ended up getting a Tracklander Alloy roof cage and couldnt be happier

ARB dodgy clamps that fouled the doors

Tracklander clamps that actually fit correctly

Cheers , Dylan

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,614 Posts
Regards
Mine does that, not sure if it is normal but I couldn't be bothered at the time I was putting it on, rack came from Landcruiser 80 series I suppose I need to readjust its all legs/brackets it is PITA to do so not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
ARB full length alloy rack - bought early 2009 (on a GU). To be honest, I'm not sure if it contacts the door rubbers or not - if it does its not something substantial enough for me to have noticed.

We only throw it on for trips away (easy to do - the advantage of an alloy rack) otherwise I'd go and check...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.