Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Patrol GU Ute td42ti
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, have an arb twin compressor to fit to the Patrol. Was wondering where everyone is mounting them inside the cab, stuck for ideas! Going into a 04 gu Ute.
cheers guys!

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,893 Posts
Under the seats.

·
Premium Member
2004 ZD30di ST-L
83 Posts
How have those fitted under seats run the wiring? I'm assuming wiring from battery is too thick for firewall with all the other auxiliary wires through the grommet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up mounting on the rear wall behind the seats, nutserts, bit of silicone on the bolts. Mounted up a treat. Then ran the air line through existing hole in the floor to a T piece to run to front of bullbar and rear. As for wiring it’ll run under the vinyl to the passenger side door kick through the firewall to the secondary battery.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,074 Posts
Why to the secondary battery? An air compressor will draw quite a lot of current, and most auxiliary batteries aren't designed to cope with the fast discharge. I'd wire it to the main battery, and only use it when the engine is running. You could even wire it so it can't run without the engine running.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have an arb twin and connect it to the secondary battery via an anderson plug at the rear of the vehicle. It runs fine, thought my secondary battery is a normal start battery, not a deep cycle. These units do draw a lot of current (approx 45 amps from memory) so you need to use heavy cable from the battery to the compressor. Even the ARB supplied power cable gets warm after a couple of minutes of use (mine is the portable version).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why to the secondary battery? An air compressor will draw quite a lot of current, and most auxiliary batteries aren't designed to cope with the fast discharge. I'd wire it to the main battery, and only use it when the engine is running. You could even wire it so it can't run without the engine running.
Good point. I’ll run it to the main, still be on a switch. And only want it to run when car is on anyway. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
nissan
153 Posts
I've mounted mine to the panel next to my fridge/drawers. I also bought the buetooth pressure control module and remote mounted it next to the compressor due to space constrictions with mounting it on the compressor. It will be plumbed into a quick connect on the rear drawer side panel. I haven't had a chance to finish the install yet, but will get it sorted over the next couple of weeks hopefully.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've mounted mine to the panel next to my fridge/drawers. I also bought the buetooth pressure control module and remote mounted it next to the compressor due to space constrictions with mounting it on the compressor. It will be plumbed into a quick connect on the rear drawer side panel. I haven't had a chance to finish the install yet, but will get it sorted over the next couple of weeks hopefully.
View attachment 527631
Where abouts did you get the Bluetooth pressure module from ? And Is it going into a wagon or Ute mate ? Looks mint either way, have to post some photos when it’s complete!
I’ll take some photos of mine when this rain stops 😂

·
Registered
nissan patrol
139 Posts
My compressor is mounted behind the trim behind the rear left wheel.
It is not visible and does not take place.
On the right side in the same place is located the fuel oil inlet and lead cover..

·
Registered
nissan
153 Posts
Where abouts did you get the Bluetooth pressure module from ? And Is it going into a wagon or Ute mate ? Looks mint either way, have to post some photos when it’s complete!
I’ll take some photos of mine when this rain stops 😂
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away. The bluetooth pressure module is from ARB and it will be going into my wagon when I get a chance to get it all setup again. The panel it's attached to is the left handside of the drawer system, it will look pretty much the same as I had it before as shown in the pic.

In this pic I have an arb single bolted in there, so I took the opportunity to upgrade while I've got it all apart. I had to dismantle the rear storage system, when the wifes vehicle **** itself (Pajero) and was off the road for a couple of months waiting for parts, and she needed the space in mine for her market work ;(

·
Registered
2015 Y61 LWB 4.8L Auto Patrol
21 Posts
Mr. Rak, looks very tidy. How did you fix this under your seat - do you have some pictures form me please? Cheers.
There's also an air tank in the back, where the 3rd row is.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts