Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GU has an ARB winch bar, as far as I know these bars are designed to fit Warn winches.

My question is will other aftermarket winches mount in the bar easily?

I have recently bought a cheapo ebay 12000lb winch, but have not received it yet to measure up.

·
Registered
nissan
284 Posts
My GU has an ARB winch bar, as far as I know these bars are designed to fit Warn winches.

My question is will other aftermarket winches mount in the bar easily?

I have recently bought a cheapo ebay 12000lb winch, but have not received it yet to measure up.
All commercially available bars like the ARB Bar will fit a std bolt pattern Chinese 12,000lb, or 9,500lb,
The physical dimensions of the Chinese 12,000lb are smaller than that of a WARN 12,000lb.
ARB generally wont fit anything but WARN, as that's all they supply (until recently)

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
292 Posts
fitted a 9000lb superwinch into my ARB bar, no problems.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Good timing. Can someone please confirm that a Warn XP fits the Nissan/ARB bar? Without an angle grinder too.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
why worry, you've bought the winch anyway LOL!
Haven't yet. Dollar is just super. Should hear tomorrow on exact details. But that's the plan anyway. Half price winch. Want one Bruce?

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Thanks guys.

Handle is no biggy.

ARB made the genuine Nissan bars anyway. Doubt the mounting would be significantly different. At least enough to worry winch fitment.

Was originaly thinking of a Tigerz 10,000lb but just read on here they are too long to fit without mods.

But have got plan B as an XP. Was also worried about their length due to 6hp motor. But specs do show it about an inch shorter, and I recall someone saying the Tigerz one just missed by that much. So just wanted confirmation an XP fits.

Maybe something handy for the bible. What winch's fit what bars.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
So BoTie,
which bar do you have: the ARB winch bar, or the ARB made Nissan Gnuine bar.

They might be made by ARB but are not quite the same.

I have the ARB deluxe winch bar and have had a Warn Magnum 9000lb winch and now a Mako Avenger 9500lb. They both fit well with heaps of space both ends. The Tigrz would have to be absolutely heaps longer to not fit the ARB delux winch bar.

The Nisan ARB made one may have some different brackets.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my winch last night and it mounted in no worries at all, apart from the fact that none of the bolts supplied were long enough, and I had to turn the gearbox to get the clutch lever upright. Now just got to wire it up and go get myself stuck somewhere and attempt a self retrieval.....

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
So BoTie,
which bar do you have: the ARB winch bar, or the ARB made Nissan Gnuine bar.

They might be made by ARB but are not quite the same.

I have the ARB deluxe winch bar and have had a Warn Magnum 9000lb winch and now a Mako Avenger 9500lb. They both fit well with heaps of space both ends. The Tigrz would have to be absolutely heaps longer to not fit the ARB delux winch bar.

The Nisan ARB made one may have some different brackets.
I have the OE Nissan bar made by ARB. I really don't know if the mounting is different, but would be suprised if it was different enough to allow brand X winch fit one bar and not the other. They both mount to the exact same chassis, only the other end of mounts would vary. I do know the differences in the bars though.

And since the winch sits between the mounts, I doubt any winch would fit one bar and not the other. Happy to be told otherwise.

Like I said, would be a handy sticky in simple table form for others to read up and pick an option of what fits their bar and what doesn't.

The Warn and Mako you have are very standard in size. The Tigerz 10,000lb has a long 6.6hp motor, making it very long. It's the odd one out in comparison with most winches.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,129 Posts
if the free spool handle is in the wrong spot just unbolt the gearbox side of the winch and spin it around, i had to do this with an import 16,800lb winch.There was about 10 small allen headed bolts to remove b4 it would spin.. o i have a factory steel winch bar. not an ARB bar.
Oldish thread, but instead of startin another one , i came across this....

May i ask, the bolts you undo on the gearbox side that are hex key... etc..
are you talking on the outside of the gearbox,on the outerside of the winch
or, on the inside where the cable spools???

as i have just taken ownership of anewy chines 12000lb -nder , and till i read this post was a little rutted.
I would rather have my gear handle upwards.
i have a ARB Deluxe bar.

thanks for any help guys n gals, as the little instruction booklet it comes with
is nothing short of pathetic.

John

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
The small alen key bolts are the ones you start with if you want to rotate the free spool handle.
I just cant remember if there is any more underneath that cover that need to come off, but you will know when you get there.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,129 Posts
Yeah jimako, thanks for the response,
i actually got bugs in me pants and took those off in the middle of the night.
Shouldve taken a pic.
Anyhow, after all i saw was gears and grease, and the lever case wouldnt budge, i decided to pop it
in the boot, and afterwork took it to a mates so we can try to figure it out.
I ended up takin it to a busy 4wd joint round the corner,
And left it there/ pik up tomorrow.
I guess no one else knew what to do here on the forums either, well at least of those
who viewed this.
Anyhow i'll have it back tomorrow afternoon, and im gonna fit it Saturday.
I do feel better that its in good hands.
Sometimes you gotta pay, hey?? LOL

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
The tigerz11 winch comes apart when you undo the 2 allen socket screws threading into each of the chrome bars, then once its separated you will see a heap more allen screws on the inside of the gearbox, these are what needs to be removed to allow the clutch lever/gearbox to spin to the desired location.

I would almost be certain that your winch will be the same

1 - 20 of 23 Posts