Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking to Arctic Trucks to do AT38 conversion on my Patrol in 2011. Looking at the complete kit but not the roof rack of front bull bar or spots. Waiting on the price and shipping by sea to the Philippines. I may even ship the car to France and then deliver it personally in the new year and have a short family holiday in iceland while I wait. Got a shipping quote by RORO for 800 USD to Europe. Just waiting back from Arctic on price and time line for fitting the kit in house or export. I hope there quicker fitting it then they are in emailing quote's back !

Final plan then is to drive from iceland to south africa using the same route as the football fans used during the world cup this year.

I really like the AT38 Kit heavy duty on the Patrol picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Looks sweet. How strong is the finished truck? Only asking because the environment they are built to work in is very gentle on the vehicle i.e. snow and ice. Used on rock, mud and dirt may be a different story. Just my thoughts.................

·
naturally asthmatic
4,396 Posts
How much for the conversion? Do you have to ship the truck to them or do they send you a kit?

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
That picture looks really wierd, must be the focus I guess.

·
Registered
640 Posts
from what i remember, most of those artic kits are similar to what the oz market used to used as 6"-8" style kits. These had very little flex and almost no additional performance over a stock setup. Basically they were castor correction, huge springs and shocks with extended shafts and only marginal increase in stroke. IMO for a 38" tire (as pic above) buy an AUS 6-8" kit and get the big flares from 'artic'. That way the install could be done by almost anyone! and save yourself some $$.

eg:
Offroad Express 4wd Forum | OffroadExpress 4wd Forum

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,695 Posts
That rig above looks real horny...but the big flares wouldn't cut the mustard on a track, mine didn't...got into a tight creek bed and they were smashed.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I had done a 7" lift back 2004 on my LWB based on the concept idea from mannell motors LWB (gold one) with 4" body lift. The biggest problem I had was fabricating up the front pan hard rod as we are left hand drive and your right hand. So if I was to save some $$ who builds left hand drive front pan hard rods and what kit should I look complete for a smooth road drive. Last time I did that big lift I had to build 3 adjustable pan hard rods until I got it correct. I still had to buy a right hand drive just to copy the basic design. Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go. The flares I can order and paint in Philippines but that still make me need the wheels and tyres. If one company in oz can do I give them call and see how the price it less tax as its going export.

Your post above are correct about the flares and the set up but I only plan to use it for road and light track work around the north terrain of the Philippines or once exported around south africa. I also plan to have 2 long range tanks made that over hand the rear windows like the Oman Special forces version of the patrol. Trying to get a picture of that is impossible. I was lucky enough a few years back to get photos of one at military base in south but i've lost them. As the truck is going to be sat for maybe 6 months now I thought I do a few external mods thats still look a little different.

I guess the flares must be fiber glass or maybe flexible plastic. I have to check that out as I dont think I like the idea of fiber glass.

here is the setup I awaiting a quote on: Need some advice about the diff below.Im not trans expert so if you can help I appreciate your input and thoughts if its going to be just a waste of money for my application.

AT405 38x15,5R15" tires
15x12,5" alloy wheels
Fender flares, painted
Running boards and brackets
Mud flaps
Speedometer calibrator
100 mm suspension lift front/rear
50 mm increased travel of suspension
HT progressive coil springs
Koni shock absorbers
Double cardan universal joint
Fender trimming, front/rear
Differential gears (5,13:1)
Wheel alignment

Do really think I need to do the diff ? I do not plan to do any off road driving only around town. Were lucky to get above 80 KMH to 120 in the country on good day. I just wandering about the hills in the north as they are well step in places requiring 1 st gear in 2wd high and some 1st gear in 4wd.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
[/QUOTE]I do not plan to do any off road driving only around town. Were lucky to get above 80 KMH to 120 in the country on good day.[/QUOTE]

Buy a corolla?

The car might look sweet but you going to spend alot of money and basically ruin your car. Those massive wheels will kill performance and fuel economy not to mention make it a pig to drive around town.

For the driving you say your planning on doing put some MT's on it and forget about it.

My opinion anyways. Good luck

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts

that is seriously drool worthy, how much do those tyres cost?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts