Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many phone call's many emails and nothing in returned back in 4 weeks ++. If anyone else knows were I can get the wide body kit for the Nissan Patrol (Y61 LWB).

I'm looking for the wide body wheel arch kit as per AT38 spec from Arctic Trucks. This is not a wanted post its more a post of contact info required of a company that makes these sorts of kits. I have found a site in Iceland but as I don't understand the Icelandic lingo its impossible to even join it. Any help or lead would be a great help.

Thanks

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Several people I know of have tried to get them to send stuff down under and they wont deal with international customers.

·
Registered
Nissan
97 Posts
I've dealt with them in the past, but only because I was selling them parts at the same time.
The major stumbling block is convincing them that your serious...
They get hundreds of emails that are time wasters, want freight calculated, dont understand what the products are for, dont have any money, want flares made differently/ one offs or are just window lickers. ( not saying your any of these- just put yourself in their shoes) they also get inundated with emails from people wanting free advice and info on how stuff is done or want to place single orders so they can copy them.
Their flares are designed for their local conditions- snow. Local guys consider them a disposable/replaceable part. They're not going to cope with rocks and mud hit at speed. They set cars up for tyre coverage- they dont need flex- the shapes of the flares reflects this.
The biggest killer with their stuff is freight. They're easily damaged, need lots of packing and are never shapes that stack up. Sending a couple of sets of flares to other side of the world is a pain in the arse...and probably not at all profitable.
Then there's credit card fraud risks with O/S transactions...

Once they know your serious they're good guys.

If you just want one set and just have to have them, I'd suggest you contact a freight forwarder who deals with the Finland/Norway/ Iceland region and sort it through them or get onto the Norwegian Formula offroad website- there's a bunch of businesses there who deal with Artic trucks and would be happy with the sale.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's some good points... So I called them again. They are very easy to deal with apart from the slight language barrier for me and for them.

After talking to tech guy they said its hard to sell the kit (AT38). They generally sell the kit with a new Nissan Patrol. I have to call them back in 2 hours and discuss more and how to over come the issues but it looks possible. They did say they are bombarded by emails and replying to all of them is not possible (dreamers and doer's). The best thing to do is call them direct like what I just did.

So my thread title is not very correct in regards to closed down. Arctic Trucks is very much operational there direct contact info for a fast response is as follows. Emailing them is really a waste of time its best to call them up and then get the tech's direct email as like what I have done.

Kletthálsi 3 // 110 Reykjavík // Iceland
Phone: +354 540 4900 // Fax: +354 540 4901 // [email protected]

·
nissan patrol
501 Posts
did you go ahead with the flares
preacher

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah via South Africa only.

Forget Iceland it gets lost in translation and email responses are slow. so I just call them on the company phone.

Contact South Africa as they speak English. Do you need the email address and phone number.
Be warned they are very slow getting back to you as they super busy at the moment with Toyota and Ford Rangers. They have just done the new Ford Ranger. its just to sexy and it make me green with jealously to be honest. I post up a picture on 7th of August as I be at the showroom.

There is nothing special in the arctic trucks kits if you have done a few lift kits up to 2" & 4". Only the flares and and to get the front to fit you just need to trim the fender.

Contact Knysna office:
Tony Stone
[email protected]
Tel: 082 8542435

Contact Johannesburg office:
Gary Jurgens
[email protected]
Tel: 083 741 5051

If that turns out bad as they like to do all the work themselves a good contact are these people as they have access to the parts are they building them all the time and parts are easy to get.

LA Sport Head office and ask for Louis and quote ARCTIC truck kit.

Tel: +27 12 808 9951 / 2
Tel: +27 12 808 0346
Tel: +27 12 808 0460
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
I read in the paper the other day here on the cold coast that Arctic trucks was thinking of starting a business here Australia. I contacted them a while ago for Nissan GQ flares but they no longer have the kits. Wish I could track down the moulds LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts