Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies was wondering considering its prob better to help each other out then pay some slacker how wont adjust breaks right :rolleyes: I was wondering if there were any boys on here in brisbane who are motorbike mechanics ive got a crf450 that needs abit of work and quiet frankly after working on trucks all day the idea of having to be delicate and use 3/8 and 1/4 inch drive just doesnt seem to work for me, and it ends up as an expensive repair:rolleyes:. So if there are any bike mechanics on here or just boys that are good with bikes let us know I have some cash or alcohol with your name on it.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valves are on final adjustment just needs new ones prob needs seats to be recut I would presume.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
that sort of stuff i just send the head away and get others to recut valve seats or replace them , putting valves in is easy , as is pulling apart and reassembly

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
I just got rid of one of these. Great rigs. The seats will be fine, the inlet valves are what wears. Biggest single cause is poor air filters (mainly from old school 2-strokers) who rarely change and poorly oil them. If your not good with maintenance, get steel and not titanium. If you have the owners manual its not that hard. You'll need to have a good feeler gauge and buy new shims according to the valve clearance. Biggest clue to clearances closing up is poor starting when hot.

On these engines, never recut or machine anything, you must replace. They're a ultra high performance racing engine where tollerances are so small.

But watch that air filter like a hawk!!!

·
I don't have anger management issues - I have moro
nissan
407 Posts
I'm a bike mechanic pm me if you are keen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts