Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, curious whether anyone can give comparisons between ARE intercooler set up with scoop and cross country ultimate top mount with their large single scoop? (ARE set up about $1560 CC about $1995.)interested in effectiveness and ease of living with ie: does CC size make it harder to change filters etc or is there still room ?thanks in advance .

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
I have the ARE cooler and scoop. Fit up was really easy (took about 30-45mins) and Richard was really great with all my questions I had while making my decision.

I too wondered whether having such a large Cooler (CC) would make it hard for servicing. Everyone knows the 4.2 is a pain in the bum to change filters. One of the reasons I chose ARE.

I didn't like the scoop at the start when I installed it but is has grown on me and the build quality and design is excellent. Gets a lot of interest from people too...

The CC ones come with a fan, not sure if that is worth the extra couple hundred bucks? I'm sure you could adapt a fan easily to the ARE setup if you think it is worth it?

My EGT's struggle to reach 480 with the new set up. Before new cooler, with factory one the temps rose really quickly.

In the end it's up to you mate. Good luck

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
loktndirty, thanks for your response.glad to hear it made a big difference to your EGT's. anyone with a cross country or better still has experienced both?

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
If you want to see the earlier MkI version cooler and scoop Moz let me know (Im at shorncliffe) or go see richard personally at ARE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts