• Maybe

Votes: 40 21.9%

Are we really going to die in 2012?

12K views 78 replies 51 participants last post by  ITS A FORD NOT A NISSAN 
#1 ·
Yes?
No?
Maybe?

What do patrolforum members think? It's starting to give me the creeps when everyone is still talking about it.

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Why do people take the time to come up with and spread this crap around. They must be idiots or extremely bored or extremely bored idiots to put any faith in this sort of garbage.

Time is a man made concept. The sun spins around the globe the same every day as it has been doing for billions of cycles. Long before the Mayans came along to invent their calendar in the first place.

If the world will end when the calendar runs out, how did the world begin?
If there was no Mayans to invent the calendar then there would have been no planet earth for them to live on to invent their calendar in the first place.

Besides, the world has already ended a heap of times, Didn't it end in Y2K?

I wish my chances were as good of winning lotto in 2012 as they are of us all still being here.
Not idiots... usually naiive geniuses!

I said maybe... I could crash on my way home or be hit by a bus or get stabbed etc... but i'm pretty sure the Mayans will have nothing to do with it!

#4 ·
I like this part from the Nasa site re the Myan calendar.

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar

So many Homer Simpsons in this world............

#5 ·
I like this part from the Nasa site re the Myan calendar.

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar

So many Homer Simpsons in this world............
LOL so true Paul.

Oh well, my water says it expires on the 12th/11/2015 :).

#12 · (Edited)
from what i have read and the docos i have watched i believe we are getting close to a magnetic pole reversal , now if the docos are true then it seems this is a regular occurance , just not yet in the history of man , does this mean extinction , i dont think so , but i believe death and disaster will take place

the main issue is the magnetic field is what protects us from harmfull radiation comming from the sun , and during the pole reversal the magnetic field will collapse or shrink enough to allow radiation to hit the earth , so n saying that , according to this doco there is already signs of our magnetic field failing , this covers an area of 3000000 square miles over the ocean between south america and africa, basicly the magnetic field isnt as strong and extending out as far as it used to , the effect it is having at the moment is only to satelites that arnt sufficiently shielded so they have to be shut down when passing through this area

the main risk to us is genetic mutations from the radiation (cancer) , they have also found that our magnetic field has been losing its strength steadily since the last polar shift

#13 ·
I can't die cause Heaven won't take me
and
Hell's to scared I'll take over

#16 ·
nah it was the qld maroons footy team!! :)
i vote for maybe something will happen

#19 ·
Although I always remind people that the "end of the earth" has been predicted constantly throughout recorded history and every prediction has been wrong.

However statistically if you predict enough dates you will eventually get one right ;)

Cheers

Justin

#20 ·
i voted yes, on a few counts, first. . wasn't it the Mayans who invented our caladar that counts backwards to the day jesus was born, but to then start counting forwards?? like 1,400years before it happened.

second, the Mayans didn't prophesy that the world ends, it says that there would be very big event on a universal level.

third, the Mayans were a spiritistic bunch. it occurs to me that we might not be the highest form of intelligence knocking round. they thought about stuff way ahead of their time. is it a coincidence that they knew stuff like they did? or did they have help?

etc etc. i dont think we will all die, but i think something big might happen. . . iv been looking with interest at this for years.

#21 ·
i reckon if any thing happens well get cooked froma massive sloar flare of the sun, they are getting bigger an bigger.:anger:

#53 ·
It won't be the solar flare per say, it'll be the earthquake and Tsunami following it that whipes us out.

Has anyone else noticed that we have quite the earthquake after a solar flair, Kinda like the moons gravitational pull on the tides!

#26 ·
If it was true, and there was factual proof of it the planet would plunge into anachy.

Strange things have been happening though.. the other day at mcdonald drive through at reynella all of the items were present and accounted for,..

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk

#28 ·
We are all going to die a horrible flaming death at the hands of Aliens and the survivors will be boiled in a pot of aliengoo****....and if you survive that you will get to watch 1 gazillion repeats of "Little house on the Prairie" which is why the aliens came here in the first place to punish us.

Have a nice day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.