Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't noticed Vodafone is now taking over Telstra as 3's fall over provider when there is no 3 network available.

This means your phone will no longer work outside of a city.

Just an fyi.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,363 Posts
Vodaphone used to be 3's fall back network prior to Telstra bringing in NextG.
Back to the s..t network they used to have.

I left 3 for Telstra years ago and have never looked back. Mind you, work pays my bills. :D

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,170 Posts
3 is now known owned Vodafone-Hutchinson trading as 3, I was told that I will not loose reception when the change over happens, but using a Vodafone sim I fould I had to drive 15-20min to get good enough reception to sustain a call. The only reason I had previously gone with 3 was because it is a cheaper way to get access to the Telstra network (roaming).

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,962 Posts
The only reason I had previously gone with 3 was because it is a cheaper way to get access to the Telstra network (roaming).
Same, i often travel where i need roaming, i always got next g handsets and use a 3 simcard on a cap plan. . . havnt noticed a loss of coverage. . . and im told i wont. vodafone roams on optus, 3 roams on telstra. . . so now we're supposed to have coverage by every major network. . . whether you believe that or not.

3 cant downgrade our network while we are under contract. . . if they do, they must give us a no-strings option to leave.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,170 Posts
3 cant downgrade our network while we are under contract. . . if they do, they must give us a no-strings option to leave.
That is how I got out of my contract 12 months early, as the change hadn't happened yet they wouldn't release the contract until I had proof, so I used the Vodafone sim and went to the Ombudsman. They ended up cancelling the contract I got to keep the handset and there were no termination fees.

·
Registered
Nissan
253 Posts
Nooo they didn't haha
+100 billion

Vodafone suck! they always have!

I used to be with 3. Had been since they first opened here in WA. Used to love how they would fall back to telstra to roam when they didn't have coverage.

Ive had a few bad dealings with vodafone in the past. Went over to vodafone about 3-4 months ago with work. I Had a bad feeling about going across to them, but work was going to pay for my phone instead of myself, i'd get a new handset from work as well and I hoped that since my last dealing's with vodafone (2 years ago) that they had got better..

Well, turns out they haven't. By christ they are f**king useless.

* Little to no coverage in most places, bar the CBD. - Apparantly Fremantle and Leeming are now rural Australia. I Had full signal strength at my house with '3'. Now I have half a bar at my place if im lucky and thats only when it doesn't drop out to 'searching'

* Txt's take anywhere from instant delivery to 3 days to be delivered to me and thats if they come through at all. - I have had text's sent at 1pm come through at 4am the following day, or not come through at all. Even when the person is standing right next to me.

* txt messages that are sent either to me or from me quite frequently just 'vanish' - If i txt someone, most of the time i have to follow it up with a phone call to see if they actually received my message.

* calls drop out ALL THE TIME. I can not stress how often they drop out! Friends now just accept my call back with 'sorry im with vodafone'

* calls come in / are made where neither party can hear each other. People have gotten used to me saying ' Sorry im with vodafone, I cant make out/hear anything you are saying, i'll call you back from a land line'

* 3g handset (phone) internet on Vodafone is a JOKE. Seriously i'd get more bandwidth out of a paper cup and wet piece of string. I'm considering training some pigeons to carry my internet packets to and from my phone and internet. At times like 3 am in the morning, you might be able to browse the internet on your phone, but any peak hour times like 7pm forget it.

* 3g data stick (USB Modems) are as big a joke as their 3g handset internet. Pages time out, half load etc and thats if you can get either a) signal or b) a connection.

You would have better odd's playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded revolver then getting the following with vodafone;

* Full signal
* 3g coverage
* A solid connection the first try
* Their Vodafone connect software to recognise the modem without a reboot
* Decent speed (above the speeds of a broke 9600 baud modem)

The company I work for all changed over to Vodafone in one big hit, as they offered the best price. We are not even 6 months into a contract and already a number of people have switched to Telstra. Vodafone have been in 'crisis meetings' with us to try and apease the amount of complaints from our staff that they are getting due to their ***** service.

The above is just some of my experiences, ontop of that is the massive amount of stuff ups from vodafone on: transferring of numbers, adding on the correct services (IE black berry, roaming, internet etc) to the right phones or even better, claiming that the phone does have black berry service on it and roaming. Then trying to explain to the CEO that his black berry wont work for a few days because vodafone cant seem to manage to enable blackberry and roaming on his phone.

Or having people on the 'corporate vodafone network' sitting next to a friend who is a prepaid vodafone customer and the corporate user doesnt have coverage where as the prepaid customer does.

The list goes on and on and on....

OK just read what i've writting, sorry for writing a noval. If its not apparent by now I hate vodafone and i warn anyone i talk to who's even thinking of going to them to STAY AWAY!

Incase anyone is reading this far through it, yes we have done a number of testing and troubleshooting for this. We've used different simcards, different phones (including brands) different usb dongles, different pc's with the dongles (including different os's) Everything we have documented for the vodafone monkeys points to lack of coverage and lack of bandwidth on their behalf.

Oh and dont even get me started on Lara.... If i ever meet the person who programmed her im going to punch them in the face!

/ end rant

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
pay for what ya get everyone keeps telling me.

I went with them as they were $1.00 cheaper, now they are ****ed....

·
Registered
558 Posts
i just change from vodafone to telstra because they had a better phone on the same cap.
and the mobile broadband is annoying at the best of times. tried to call to change to a different plan and i was on hold for as long as i let the call go, no answer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts