Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know a hell of a lot about her except that she has played a few womens sports over the years, she doesn't smash rackets, she doesn't swear at the crowd, she doesn't abuse the referee, she doesn't throw chairs, she doesn't tell oponents what their boyfriend is doing on the side, she doesn't throw games (to mention just a few positives).

What she does do is give me a feeling of pride in someone who is seen as a representative of our wonderful country, rather than making me cringe when I see the disgusting antics of some others.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Plays her heart out, in the mould of Margret Court, Evonne Goolagong. She is one of the few tennis players I enjoy watching.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Too right, big contrast with those other morons..
Fixed that little mistake for ya. ;)

She has a lot of class about her. :)

Foo

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu tray
183 Posts
She is a gem. Shows great humility and respect to all others around her (friend or foe)!
Act's in a professional manner not like some spoilt brats as mentioned above, if she wins tonight it's number 2 in the world!!

Go Ash...lets go Party!

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is a gem. Shows great humility and respect to all others around her (friend or foe)!
Act's in a professional manner not like some spoilt brats as mentioned above, if she wins tonight it's number 2 in the world!!

Go Ash...lets go Party!
I used to play a bit of tennis in the old days, was even in a group that played in equatorial heat up in Lae PNG for a lark when I worked there.

I well remember the gentlemen and ladies of tennis in those days, their appreciation and respect of their opponents was something that stood out. The actions of many of our current Australian crop just made it painful to watch, so I stopped, I only see those morons when they show up on the news which unfortunately is quite often.

What a breath of fresh air to have a young person in sport that our children can look up to as an example of how good behaviour and talent can be rewarded.

I shall be watching and barracking when she plays.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even if she loses tonight she has won my admiration for drive and integrity. I certainly hope nothing in her heart and soul changes due to success, I don't think it will.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm in no way a fan of tennis, have absolutely zero interest in it but after all the recent crap from so called Aussie "sportsmen" (cheating dogs in cricket, retards in tennis and morons in football - all codes) it's refreshing to have someone who is actually making Australians proud of their sports people again, win or lose she's already a champion who's shown how a true "sportsperson" should conduct themselves and given the young kids someone to look up to..........GOOD ON HER !

·
Registered
nissan patrol
765 Posts
I'm in no way a fan of tennis, have absolutely zero interest in it but after all the recent crap from so called Aussie "sportsmen" (cheating dogs in cricket, retards in tennis and morons in football - all codes) it's refreshing to have someone who is actually making Australians proud of their sports people again, win or lose she's already a champion who's shown how a true "sportsperson" should conduct themselves and given the young kids someone to look up to..........GOOD ON HER !

Agreed. I raise many a beer to that. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Well she did it. :iconbana:

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Yep.

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Well done Ash.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts