Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,296 Posts
Well done Ash. This is the sort of stuff Australian tennis needs to give it a kick in the butt, after all the damage the 2 grubs have done.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
World number one and still not a chair thrown, simply amazing 🙂 .

·
Registered
nissan patrol
765 Posts
She is carving up Wimbledon. On tonight at a respectable time. Must watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,299 Posts
Still showing class, also the only Australian woman to be number 1 at the end of the year.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,299 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What a legend. A great result.

She is a credit to herself, us, her ancestry, tennis, sport and Australia, may she never change and may others look at her and ask "why can't I be like that"?

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,299 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,299 Posts
What a woman, her reply to a reporter’s question on Australia Day.

The Aussie admitted she wasn't aware of the large protest held in Melbourne CBD as she again acknowledged her strong values and the desire to stay humble.

"I mean, I wasn't aware of the protest. I wasn't keeping an eye on it," she added.

"I'm a proud Indigenous woman. I'm a proud Australian.

"For me, it doesn't matter what day of the year it is. I'm going to stay true to my values all throughout the year, all throughout my life.

"Every single day I want to be kind, I want to be honest, I want to be humble, I want to give the best that I can. That's all that matters for me."

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yes, as my title for this thread says, she's a GEM and I hope she stays this way as a fantastic example for children to follow and what someone can achieve if they believe in themselves and have respect for their peers.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,299 Posts
And again, class all the way.
D9CB0AB5-5761-4ABA-852D-F3A27C14E07E.png

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,000 Posts
Not sure if there's a separate topic but I'd like to say that the the Nadal/Krygios match last night was well worth watching, Krygios pushed Nadal all the way to the end - it really could have gone either way - and despite a couple of minor brain farts Krygios let his talent do the talking and I think he did himself proud. The crowd was certainly behind him. Hopefully he has turned a corner.

Now let's see Ash go all the way (y)

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,299 Posts
Yes, this competition has shown a good side from him, he can be a brilliant player, hopefully he has turned and can now show the world how good he can be.

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes, this competition has shown a good side from him, he can be a brilliant player, hopefully he has turned and can now show the world how good he can be.
Personally I think his publicity team have been working overtime on his public image, for a man who didn't give a toss about anyone else a few months ago, this has been a dramatic change. I'm going to reserve my opinion on him as his past behaviour has been disgusting on a majority of occasions and a leopard doesn't change its spots this damn quick without a 'driving force'.

Lets see in a couple of months, I'm not a forgive and forget person. But, who knows, maybe Ash Barty's ability to to represent herself and her country in a very respectful manner has rubbed off, one can only hope.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts