Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i put my wrecked trol on ebay, and so far i have had a few smart ass comments about it.... is 2500 for a rolled trol to much? its a td42 and all running gear is micky mouse.....

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
Sounds reasonable to me if i was after the drivetrain only id take it and sell off what ever else is in alright condition

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought the same thing, clearly there are to many dropkicks who like to waste peoples time out there...

·
Registered
nissan
455 Posts
the tossers on ebay want what you have but are too tight to pay the cash and want you to drop the price and then buy it, just tell them to f off and wait for that buyer who wants the stuff.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

They will do what you should. Part it out. May be worth closer to 5K Even without BB and winch / lights. Engine Gearbox Xfer Wheels / tyres Front rear diffs complete. Wiring harness / aicon bits steering box, cluster seats / carpet Tailshafts radiator. Ring a wrecker and see what you would have to pay. I know messy to do....

People go to ebay to pay as little, not a fair price. If it still drives, great shooting truck for out west.

Good luck B M

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers mate, i thought about stripping it myself, but i am far from mechanically minded. i spoke to some wreckers they were not so helpful and just jumped straight to we will give you 1g for it.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
The general public seriously is full of dipsh*ts
They want everything for nothin,but when they sell they want the earth

Ive seen may adds on evilbay where as the buyer removes the parts
Although u wont get the optimium that way,it works for some
Good luck
Parting it out should result in good $$$

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
I not sure many will beat a path to your door, i bought my gq with aftermarket turbo, with fully rebuilt engine for $3500.00 stright body.

Chap i buy parts off got one for the same with only 200k of the clock.

Seems to be the figure dealers will pay as a trade, so if your lucky to find one its doable.

·
Registered
nissan
642 Posts
part it out mate i am sure you have some friends that are mechanically minded and dont mind a carton or two of beer while doing it also.... you will make more money than dealing with dip***** bob from loser land ebay.....

·
Registered
nissan
1,961 Posts
part it out mate i am sure you have some friends that are mechanically minded and dont mind a carton or two of beer while doing it also.... you will make more money than dealing with dip***** bob from loser land ebay.....but will have to deal with many more for each part you try and flog and a million and one stupid questions
fixed :p

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
sounds sorta like most 4wd forums....
have an item worth $2000, week old put it up there for $1000 unused and get offered $200, and a bald desert dueller with 2 holes in the sidewall and they will pick it up today like they are doing you a favour.. WTF?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
cheers mate, i thought about stripping it myself, but i am far from mechanically minded. i spoke to some wreckers they were not so helpful and just jumped straight to we will give you 1g for it.
Hey Pocket , Bad luck on the roll over mate.

The thing with "stripping" the car is that you dont have to be mechanically minded mate! It aint ever gunna run again! You dont have to make it go, you just have to "Undo stuff" You dont have to have any mechanical knowledge to strip the thing.

Me and a mate stripped my GQ to rolling shell and panels in 2 days without real commitment to the task. You will strip most stuff off it fairly quickly.

Dont stuff around with stuff you will not make much money on, strip the "bolt on" stuff off and get a return for your buck. (Alternators, Aircon, Power Steering, Steering box, Wheels, Seats, Bar, Winch, Tow bar, any straight panels, etc.etc) your making money already.

list the motor and gearbox/clutch as a buyer to remove or find an apprentice mechanic that wants $100 to strip it out for you. Again, you dont have to make it run again.

If you have the space for this task you will certainly make better money parting it out mate. The Motor is worth more than that all by itself.

When your done or had enough put what ever is left on a trailer and take it to Sims Metal for another $200 or so.
Good luck.

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Buy a slab or 2 get a few mates around and start pulling **** apart, Only one way to learn mate. Id'e be interested in a few parts more then likely.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
284 Posts
Hey Pocket , Bad luck on the roll over mate.

The thing with "stripping" the car is that you dont have to be mechanically minded mate! It aint ever gunna run again! You dont have to make it go, you just have to "Undo stuff" You dont have to have any mechanical knowledge to strip the thing.

Me and a mate stripped my GQ to rolling shell and panels in 2 days without real commitment to the task. You will strip most stuff off it fairly quickly.

Dont stuff around with stuff you will not make much money on, strip the "bolt on" stuff off and get a return for your buck. (Alternators, Aircon, Power Steering, Steering box, Wheels, Seats, Bar, Winch, Tow bar, any straight panels, etc.etc) your making money already.

list the motor and gearbox/clutch as a buyer to remove or find an apprentice mechanic that wants $100 to strip it out for you. Again, you dont have to make it run again.

If you have the space for this task you will certainly make better money parting it out mate. The Motor is worth more than that all by itself.

When your done or had enough put what ever is left on a trailer and take it to Sims Metal for another $200 or so.
Good luck.
I totally agree on that, best advice given, i'll help ya anyways bloke!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts