Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just secured a 2006 GU 4.2 TD for $30000. The interior is not spotless but we're pretty happy. Pics to come later in the week.
:coffeeti:

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably pick her up Thursday morning. The picks will be up after that, may have mud on her though!

The list of mods has started.

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Got a package from OffRoad Systems the other day ........

the bracket to solve the swinging door issue

Their drawer system and cargo barrier, the fridge slide is still to go in.

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
Nice score buddy. Just needs a lift and some 35-37's amongst all the bling Patrol's tend to wear.

BTW that last pic looks amazing. Just remove the 80 series and that rodeo and it would be perfect :p

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hehe, I know what ya mean Deccers.

It has a 2" lift from Zordo (HD in front, air bagged rear), and 33"s are going on early next week.

Also got a Scotts Rods 3" system fitted last week, and oh boy what a difference that makes. Going to DieselQuip in Inverell to get the pump and boost sorted in the near future.

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Millweld sliders / steps

Millweld rear bar

Sudso's light mast

Got some "Bunnings Flares" to go on this week, hopefully

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the fuel pump tuned today, made a bit of difference.

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
Have you put plastic/fibreglass flares on? I've got a DX and for a while dreamed of proper flares, but I've got used to it now!

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah mate, FRP after-market ones. They are series III shape for series IV GUs. Don't fit perfect but they are OK.

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a little story about a few events over the past week or so. Bare with me.

I have a 2005 ZD30 auto that I bought to eventually put my TD42Ti motor into. When I got it, it had an "oil leak" from somewhere under the engine cover but didn't know exactly where. Never really mattered to me as it seemed to go ok.

A week or so ago I got some gauges fitted including boost and pyro. The guys doing the work had to take the engine cover off to fir the sensors. They showed my the state of the engine under the cover and it was a mess. No wonder it used to "mark its spot" in the driveway. I sort of knew I was in for a new intercooler as well.

Anyway, they replaced a cracked piece of intake hose, fitted the gauges, and by after 5pm I was on my way home ........

Until I got about 5km down the road and she had almost no power in her. It got the better me so I pulled over to see if I could see what happened. It had blown an intake hose off. Fixed it. On my way again.

On good Friday we headed to Dorrigo with some friends in a convoy. Up Dorrigo mountain she started blowing heaps of smoke and had little power, pyro went close to 700degC and boost only went to 5psi.

I put it down to the leaky intercooler, so persevered with it over the weekend. Ordered a new intercooler off ebay and de-greased the engine bay. That's when I noticed the culprit. The bloody intake hose had come off again.

So did it up again - all good.

Nope. The thing was making a weird squealing noise, and making heaps of boost. I assumed it was because the ECU had "learned" from the previous boost leak.

I remember reading somewhere here, maybe GEEYOUTOO's thread, that if you disconnect the battery for 20 minutes, the ECU will reset. So on Sunday I disconnected the battery and waited.

When I reconnected the battery I was really anxious to see if the trick had worked. 2 seconds later a siren starts going off under the bonnet.

DAMN. Look around and notice there is a little speaker on the rhs inner wheel guard. Bloody after-market security system that I had no idea was in the car. So I go looking through the owner's manual to see if there was any info on it. BAM - here is the brochure. Damn - no security PIN. What to do now.

Out come the pliers and off comes the speaker. Problem fixed. Security system is coming out on Friday so I don't have to worry about the hazard lights going while driving down the highway.

Now the boost seems ok. Slight intake noise but the engine cover is not on yet so hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

All this drama and the ZD30 is coming out in a month or 2 anyway.

Fun and games.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,227 Posts
Gotta love it when the postie comes with goodies!

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sure do mate.

Just need a few more bits-n-pieces and the transplant can begin.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts