Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday I have had a SYL-1813 digital boost gauge with 3bar boost sensor installed in vehicle(GU 2000 TD42T) for 5+ years all working perfectly. It suddenly just shows -05.4 all the time. I have checked all the setting parameters and the screen still only shows the Pul figure and does not move (eg if I change Pul to -05.6 it will show that figure after ending with settings???? Is the boost sender faulty? I have used contact cleaner in plug & no difference. Any ideas please to assist?
Cheers

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,304 Posts
Gday I have had a SYL-1813 digital boost gauge with 3bar boost sensor installed in vehicle(GU 2000 TD42T) for 5+ years all working perfectly. It suddenly just shows -05.4 all the time. I have checked all the setting parameters and the screen still only shows the Pul figure and does not move (eg if I change Pul to -05.6 it will show that figure after ending with settings???? Is the boost sender faulty? I have used contact cleaner in plug & no difference. Any ideas please to assist?
Cheers
Send Auber an email.
[email protected]

Their customer support is really good and they normally respond within 1 or 2 business days. Keep in mind they’re based in the US so you need to allow for the time difference.

I’ve got two SYL-1813 gauges (Boost & EGT) and connected/disconnected and messed with the wiring many times. I’ve only ever had to set them up once when I first installed them, so I don’t think your issues are settings related. I’m guessing either a faulty sensor or gauge.

·
Registered
nissan
5,313 Posts
I also use 2 Auber gauges for boost and oil pressure. The boost occasionally displays a number in the high 20s that has nothing to do with boost, it shows the same at idle. If I shut down and restart, it corrects itself.
i don’t know if it’s been doing it lately because I rarely look at boost now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Send Auber an email.
[email protected]

Their customer support is really good and they normally respond within 1 or 2 business days. Keep in mind they’re based in the US so you need to allow for the time difference.

I’ve got two SYL-1813 gauges (Boost & EGT) and connected/disconnected and messed with the wiring many times. I’ve only ever had to set them up once when I first installed them, so I don’t think your issues are settings related. I’m guessing either a faulty sensor or gauge.
Thanks Andrie....I also use 3 SYL-1813 gauges (Coolant,EGT's & Boost) and never had to touch them since installing many years ago. I have just sent their customer support the details so see what they say. If I get keen I can swap gauges to test to see if it is gauge or sensor.......
Cheers for your advice mate

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,304 Posts
Thanks Andrie....I also use 3 SYL-1813 gauges (Coolant,EGT's & Boost) and never had to touch them since installing many years ago. I have just sent their customer support the details so see what they say. If I get keen I can swap gauges to test to see if it is gauge or sensor.......
Cheers for your advice mate
Yeah I was going to say, if you have another gauge just swap them over to see if the issue moves across to the other gauge. That way you'll know if it's the gauge or the sensor. But I wasn't sure if you had more gauges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts