Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
08 GU OEM audio sys speakers have all now failed.
Replacing entire sys with Pioneer gear (including new speaker wires):
Head Unit _ AVH-Z5250BT 2 DIN A/V receiver Apple CarPlay / Android Auto.
Speaker 6.5" F/R TS-D65F 2-way Coaxial (270Wmax / 90W nom).
Amplifier 4 Channel GM-A6704 1000W (RMS con't 60W x 4).
Aerpro install harnesses/adaptors.

Successfully removed F/RHS door trim (no problems) used this old trusty tool to lift the stem fasteners.
Gesture Art Wood Font Painting

The 6.5" speaker fit fine in front so far and the door has come alive (OEM head unit). Checking OEM head unit out with new speakers before changing out.

Have not attempted removing the rear door trim yet but would assume a similar method be adopted?

Would appreciate some advice for installing new speaker wires:
Where the wires exit the door pillars, is there a male /female connector at the pillar where the wires go thru the rubber conduit that connect to the door frame? Have read that a connector here allows for quick wire harness disconnect so the door can be removed.
Does the connector have spare pass thru holes for new speaker wires and has and any one drilled thru to increase dia to suit new wires?

Any advice tips would be great thanks.

·
Registered
nissan
5,635 Posts
Can't answer your question but have a few of my own. Are you using Carplay with that unit and, if so, are you using a wireless adapter and, if so, which brand?

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Head unit not yet installed, waiting for all items to be delivered. Items are from different suppliers, shopped around for best price.
Will not use Car Play. Will use my Android smart phone and connect via BT to head unit (use Android Auto). Will use mobile data if I want to connect to web (web connect is not a priority for me).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts