Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, pulled the trigger on a 2011 CRD to replace my ol 2002 ZD30. I fly out to Cairns tomorrow and begin the drive straight back to Weipa that night :eek:. Mods done so far - 2 inch lift + airbag rear suspension, 3 inch scott's rodd exhaust, ultragauge, tillex kit, pyro and boost gauges from roadrunner. Will be pulling my provent 200 out of the old patrol and a couple other minor things too.

Future plans - upgraded intercooler, staino snorkel, airbox upgrade and remap
Patrol.jpg

More pics to follow

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,166 Posts
Great, take care on the return trip mate, looking forward to hearing more about your new ride.

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well made it home no worries. Have a minor issue to sort with the plumbing for my in-cab needle valve (pinched in the firewall and maintaining max spool rate at all times). Did a quick jury rig and moved it back under the bonnet at Lakeland and continued home.

Will start on my list of little niggling things on the weekend (rear camera clip on mirror vibrates and annoys the chit outta me, come up with a plumbing solution - perhaps copper pipe throught the fire wall or a joiner at the firewall, look at rear small barn door seal - fine mist of red dust everywhere and finish fine tuning tillex and needle valve)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,166 Posts
If that is old red dust then maybe the previous owner didn't keep his aircon on while outback driving like most of us do, learned that way back before the Patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I had a mate drown a Navara up here once, electric windows died (while down), hydrolocked, the whole 9 yards. Towed him back to town and when we got back he looked like Donald Trump!

There is definitely a seal issue, could see where it was coming in, just not sure what had caused it. Doesn't appear to have any damage or pinching on the seal but that was only a quick once over last night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts