21 - 40 of 93 Posts

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
I was reading elsewhere that Anthony Mundane had been talking to the players of the injustices and that the “fair” in the anthem was about white people. Take a look at the players, they seem to conveniently disregard their European heritage.
Also I believe that you cannot be held liable for the sins of your father.

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
I agree with him. The national anthem should be changed. It doesn't represent me.

Because it's shlt!
How about God Save the Queen? :lol::lol::lol::rofl:

· Registered
nissan
21,671 Posts
I think just leave them as they are, both the day and the anthem. Sure the anthem has some odd lyrics: 'Young and free' and 'Girt by sea.' The melody could be better too. But they both exist so let it be.

If they were changed the whingers would only find something new to whine about and that might even be more irritating than Australia Day and the anthem. Let them waste their time and energy on the yearly moan as it is. We can just ignore them as we usually do.

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think just leave them as they are, both the day and the anthem. Sure the anthem has some odd lyrics: 'Young and free' and 'Girt by sea.' The melody could be better too. But they both exist so let it be.

If they were changed the whingers would only find something new to whine about and that might even be more irritating than Australia Day and the anthem. Let them waste their time and energy on the yearly moan as it is. We can just ignore them as we usually do.
Absobloodylutely, hence my Lincoln 'quote'. Doesn't matter how bad our anthem sounds, OMG have you heard some of the others around the world, it is about 'Australia and Australians' hence the shift from GSTQ, if people don't/can't identify with "Australia' overall after a couple of hundred years they have their own set of issues, get over it and move on to more realistic goals that make life better everyone.

I couldn't give a rats bum if Mundine won't stand for the anthem, he's a publicity seeking absolute moron who has the biggest bloody chip on his shoulder.

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
Happy Australia Day everybody. Chuck some lamb on the barbecue, I have a small leg of lamb that I’ll be cooking.

Reactions: grumpyone and Foo

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Happy Australia Day everybody. Chuck some lamb on the barbecue, I have a small leg of lamb that I’ll be cooking.
I'm offended by this comment! :rolleyes:

Foo

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
I'm offended by this comment! :rolleyes:

Foo
Yeah, it’s only a small leg, if it was a larger leg, someone would be sharing it with his BIG DOGS. 🤬😖

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
I'm offended by your offendedness... :rolleyes:
So you should be offended by my offendedness of the post by Rgren, he should know betterer than to offend my by saying Australia Day because everyone knows that it's Invasion Day so now he has offended those that are offended by calling it Australia Day. How offensive is that! :unsure: 😇

Foo

Reactions: AndrieK

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
So you should be offended by my offendedness of the post by Rgren, he should know betterer than to offend my by saying Australia Day because everyone knows that it's Invasion Day so now he has offended those that are offended by calling it Australia Day. How offensive is that! :unsure: 😇

Foo
OK, STRALIA DAY.

Is that betterer. 🤔

Reactions: Grafe and Foo

Patrol Hybrid.
22,499 Posts
I thought it's STRAYA day...? :oops:

But hey, English isn't my first language.

Sorry, I'm fresh off the boat. I'm still learning how to be offended.
Good one. My bad. Thanks for picking me up. God bless all FOB’s. 👍

Reactions: AndrieK

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Well I'm just about to go for a ride and have a fetta & spinach rolled lamb roast to cook up in the Weber. :) 🤤

Foo

Reactions: RickGQ and rgren2

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Good to be alive, I think. :unsure:

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marko_SJ and rgren2
21 - 40 of 93 Posts