Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Well, it鈥檚 that controversial time again where a minority want to disrupt what the majority want.
Get some lamb on your fork, beer in your belly, kick back and enjoy the day.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
No controversy for me, I'm not to blame for what happenned hundreds of years ago, I'm just ad Australian as anyone on this planet but my heritage has 7 bloods that I'm aware of, does that make me less Australian, not on anyone's life.

As a country and people we have gotten over many things in our 'recent' history, time for the 3% to move on and accept the ultimate result and stop continuously apportioning blame to 'us' who played no part in it.

Have said this before, if the poms hadn't landed, the french - spanish- russians and others would have and quite possibly have been worse based on history.

Secondly, does anyone really believe that changing the date would cause all the crap to go away? Again, not on anyone's life, the argument would simply change direction.

I'm not a flag waving 'nationalist' but I said to my wife recently that if this crap continues I'll buy a flag and build a flag pole and put the on our roof.

Try hard to have a great day and stay safe.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
A poll running currently.
Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Software

Reactions: Foo

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

Registered
nissan
I'm all for Aus day, there are some out there moaning about the date with no idea why that date was chosen so if they want it gone take it off the public holiday list but don't add another date if we can't have our Aus day they can't have their whatever day

Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
I'm all for Aus day, there are some out there moaning about the date with no idea why that date was chosen so if they want it gone take it off the public holiday list but don't add another date if we can't have our Aus day they can't have their whatever day
See now this is where I have to disagree鈥

I think there was a stat a few years ago that something like more than half the AUS population had at least one parent that was NOT born in AUS. I鈥檝e been here 10 years which some would consider still fresh off the boat. :sneaky: I know the significance of the date but to me personally, that鈥檚 not what AUS day is about.

To me it鈥檚 about celebrating being Australian and everything this great country has given me and has to offer. I don鈥檛 care what the date is, as long as you give me a day to celebrate that. And I think a big part of the recently immigrated population, which is a very large chunk of the total AUS population, would agree with me on this.

If the date is so divisive (which from the poles, it鈥檚 clearly not) just pick another friggin鈥 date and let鈥檚 move on! Just don鈥檛 take my public holiday away. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To me it鈥檚 fairly simple鈥 Ole Albo wants to give indigenous Australians a voice in parliament (no idea what that means really), so start by asking them what day they would like to choose TO CELEBRATE EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD ABOUT THIS LAND. Let them choose a date and just go with that.

Premium Member
Nuffin now
See now this is where I have to disagree鈥

I think there was a stat a few years ago that something like more than half the AUS population had at least one parent that was NOT born in AUS. I鈥檝e been here 10 years which some would consider still fresh off the boat. :sneaky: I know the significance of the date but to me personally, that鈥檚 not what AUS day is about.

To me it鈥檚 about celebrating being Australian and everything this great country has given me and has to offer. I don鈥檛 care what the date is, as long as you give me a day to celebrate that. And I think a big part of the recently immigrated population, which is a very large chunk of the total AUS population, would agree with me on this.

If the date is so divisive (which from the poles, it鈥檚 clearly not) just pick another friggin鈥 date and let鈥檚 move on! Just don鈥檛 take my public holiday away. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To me it鈥檚 fairly simple鈥 Ole Albo wants to give indigenous Australians a voice in parliament (no idea what that means really), so start by asking them what day they would like to choose TO CELEBRATE EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD ABOUT THIS LAND. Let them choose a date and just go with that.
They already have a voice, they just need to get off their sorry arses and stop taking sit down money. Oh wait, the people that do try and make a real difference are vilified by the lazy poor us bastards. Look at the crap that Warren Mundine goes through when ever he tries to do good. :rolleyes:

Foo

Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
I lived in South Africa for the first 34 years of my life. I鈥檝e seen this 鈥測our white ancestors came and took my land away now you must give it back鈥 movie before and I know how it ends. The trailer for this move is playing out in Alice Springs right now. It鈥檚 called Effin Chaos.

Registered
nissan gq

Registered
nissan gq
Trend is continuing, I just added my vote.
View attachment 549483
Just voted,as an aside,the expression "first nation" is total spin [ bullshit ] the people never formed a nation encompasing all the tribes/families,they were/are just that,a

widspread bunch who do not have a common language,have a predelection for fighting each others people and not a nation by any stretch. my view.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Yes, it is like saying PNG was one nation, nothing could be further from the truth. Highlands Lowlands big problems.
Au aboriginese had 250+ languages prior to the poms arriving, asians had been in and out of AU for hundreds if not thousands of years before that, so they probably added a few more.

Today there are around 150 aboriginal languages, there was no written language but you can get aboriginal language dictionaries 馃.

It isn't that difficult to just accept what happened, learn from it and move on. Many societies and cultures have done that over the millennia.

Registered
nissan gq
Yes, it is like saying PNG was one nation, nothing could be further from the truth. Highlands Lowlands big problems.
Au aboriginese had 250+ languages prior to the poms arriving, asians had been in and out of AU for hundreds if not thousands of years before that, so they probably added a few more.

Today there are around 150 aboriginal languages, there was no written language but you can get aboriginal language dictionaries 馃.

It isn't that difficult to just accept what happened, learn from it and move on. Many societies and cultures have done that over the millennia.
Aside from possibly Iceland,I can't think of any country which has not been invaded/settled by people of another land,in some cases multiple times,Britain is a good

example,every [oops nearly typed man] person and their dogs sailed in to have a slice going back as far as recorded history and barring a couple,all countries have moved

forward usually adopting the best of both worlds.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Aside from possibly Iceland,I can't think of any country which has not been invaded/settled by people of another land,in some cases multiple times,Britain is a good

example,every [oops nearly typed man] person and their dogs sailed in to have a slice going back as far as recorded history and barring a couple,all countries have moved

forward usually adopting the best of both worlds.
Edzackery, the UK was one of the most raided countries on earth and some raiders were absobloodylutely vicious. The English language is a result of the main invaders over the millenia.

Registered
2005 TD42Ti ute
No controversy for me, I'm not to blame for what happenned hundreds of years ago, I'm just ad Australian as anyone on this planet but my heritage has 7 bloods that I'm aware of, does that make me less Australian, not on anyone's life.

As a country and people we have gotten over many things in our 'recent' history, time for the 3% to move on and accept the ultimate result and stop continuously apportioning blame to 'us' who played no part in it.

Have said this before, if the poms hadn't landed, the french - spanish- russians and others would have and quite possibly have been worse based on history.

Secondly, does anyone really believe that changing the date would cause all the crap to go away? Again, not on anyone's life, the argument would simply change direction.

I'm not a flag waving 'nationalist' but I said to my wife recently that if this crap continues I'll buy a flag and build a flag pole and put the on our roof.

Try hard to have a great day and stay safe.
Ive said before imagine the chinese getting here first. it would have been canibal vs canibal and our first nations people would have been vastly outnumbered.

Don't try saying this to an "invasion day" perpetuator though in debate about the so called issues we have today surrounding history.

His - story is just that, written by the winners and agenda pushers.

Our first nations radicalist type refuse to accept the white man settlers as a part of their story and that of the enemy, because its easier to push a political agenda that way. (IMO)

61 - 80 of 93 Posts