Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i bought a Redarc solinoid of ebay a week ago, had it posted but never recieved it thought i would check up on it, so i emailed the fella i bought it off and he got me the consignment number, i rang australia post to see where it had ended up. They said it was at my locol post office, so went down to pick it up but they have no record of it so they are going to dig around and ring me if they find it. This isnt the first thing they have lost either!

Any one else lost anything??

Cheers sam

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Yeah lost my virginity once
Dont think it was aussie posts fault

So i take it ,it was sent registered post
If it wasnt it could be anywhere

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
My post office constantly fails to notify me when a package has arrived for my PO Box. One sat there for nearly a month until I forced them to do a search, as I clearly had evidence that it had arrived in Australia. I have to be on them all the time.

Cheers

Ray

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
anyone notice, the postage prices are going up..
but the level of service is going down?

bit ironic if you ask me!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Touch wood here but... I post about 20 parcels a week. I almost (unless it is worth bugger all) send using registered (extra insurance if much over $100) post or express post satchels.
In four years I have had two things lost. Both of those were in W.A. (do I need to go on,,,lol) and I reckon at least one of those was delivered to a big office building and the bloke just didn't get it after that.
However yes the prices are much more the last 6 months and they also won't take anything longer than a metre or over certain other dimensions. Even a snorkel box they won't take now.

On the other I had some camera lens accessories from overseas at one stage that never turned up. The bloke refunded me and I got it local. Post office sent me a form asking all the info for their claim on the german Post office a month later.
Six months later getting another parcel at my local post office the lady says "Oh I found this out there too with your name and box number on it".
Just happened to be the lost parcel that had been on their shelf with my name and box number on it for over 5 months. Merry Christmas to me. Free camera accessories.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
53 Posts
I have had articles that have been shipped from OS to my PO Box go missing. Tracking showed they arrived in my local post office but never made it to my PO Box. I had logged a complaint/investigation request with AusPost and was advised they would follow up with my post office and get back to me. A month later it turned up in my PO box but no call from AusPost. I also had an express post item go missing and turn up 6 weeks later and I have also had a number of magazines never turn up. All were addressed to my PO Box, which I thought would be more secure than my letterbox. Now I wonder why I pay $75 each year for a PO box

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I hate it when they drop a card in the letterbox saying you werent home when your sittin there all day waiting for the fukin thing.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Mind you, despite sometimes giving me the sheets, Australia Post is still probably the most efficient, effective and cheapest way to get stuff moved around. Problems occur because of individual staff, not the way the organisation is structured. The USPS is another fantastic postal organisation that moves an enormous amount of stuff everywhere and seems to do so without a huge amount of issues.

There's nothing worse than the courier services that only deliver to a home or work address and you have to be there when they deliver, and they won't ever give you even a rough time for delivery. At least with the Australia Post courier service, if you're not at home, you don't have to dik around with another delivery date, you just go to the PO to pick up your goods.

As an aside, what does pysse me of big time are the people who use the PO to pay every bloody bill they get (heard of phone or internet banking?) and the endless passport filler inners in our area. F*ck, they all got in without a passport, why do they need one to get out?

Cheers

Ray

·
Over there somewhere...
Nissan
666 Posts
Gotta say that the nearest PO in Mareeba in FNQ gives awesome service. Never a problem and the service is always great. Is this an anomoly?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
We purchased some bike parts off Ebay, week later not received it so sent a email to seller, confirmed sent found out that it was still sitting in Melbourne post office, not sent as was in a Beer Carton, Aus post don't allow Beer to be sent, mind you package was 4kgs. No-one even told him it was sitting there even though registered. WTF

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
My post office constantly fails to notify me when a package has arrived for my PO Box. One sat there for nearly a month until I forced them to do a search, as I clearly had evidence that it had arrived in Australia. I have to be on them all the time.

Cheers

Ray
same.

·
Registered
nissan
806 Posts
Personally i think they need a pat on the back
They give great service where i live
From the postie, delivery drivers & at the 2 post offices i visit
I pay bills at the post office to, but not at the main post office only at one in my local suburb in & out in a minute

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
I'm gunna dob you in Garry!!:punkrock:
Also you need to remember that now is a very busy time for the postie, it has just taken 14 days to send one pissy tyre deflator to QLD from WA, that's 10 extra days, I dunno what the world is com'n to, in my day................

·
Registered
nissan
269 Posts
have lost thousands of $$ over the years to theft due to parcels left at my door. when i have a LARGE CLEAR sign on my door never to leave parcels there due to theft. that and the other parcels that got "signed for" but not by me.. outta all of whats been stolen/lost ive never got compensation for any of it.

they may do a good job for some.. but for others...

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
I hate it when they drop a card in the letterbox saying you werent home when your sittin there all day waiting for the fukin thing.
Thats happened to me to bruce!! They didnt even knock!!

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Thats happened to me to bruce!! They didnt even knock!!

Yeh happends alot to me too. Its these contractors that work for the Post, pack of slack bastards, its like they have the bit of paper written out before they even get there :S

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Must admit my local is getting a wee slack lately

They used to drop a "you have a parcel to pick up" in the mailbox

But lately nah just drop the thing on the ground in the mud in the rain

·
Registered
nissan
82 Posts
are you surprised you havnt got it this week?? its been pissing down rain, places are flooded, and its christmas. do you know how much extra stuff is sent at this time of year?? of course it will be delayed... Do not blame your postie, they do a fken great job and put up with a lot of bull**** from the idiots thats own/run the post office.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Must admit my local is getting a wee slack lately

They used to drop a "you have a parcel to pick up" in the mailbox

But lately nah just drop the thing on the ground in the mud in the rain
I'd be happy if they just pushed the mail inside th box so it didnt drown... all of yesterdays mail I couldnt even attempt to open it was that drowned.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts