Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I go to Australia and decide to camp where there are Crocs and happen to get munched on by one I should expect to be able to sue the park or the government? Hey, its Canada and a national park with wild animals that includes four legged predators. These guys seem like a bunch of opportunistic city boys who the bear sampled but thought they tasted like crap.

Two Australian tourists mauled by a grizzly bear near Lake Louise, Alta., will not be compensated by Parks Canada.
The two were attacked by a grizzly while camping in the park in 1995. Years later, they claimed Parks Canada personnel neglected to warn campers properly about the dangers of a bear in the area.
The lawsuit was heard in Calgary court in September, where Owen Hereford and Andrew Brodie were seeking damages of $75,000 each.
A judge ruled that Parks Canada was not negligent.
The plaintiffs' Calgary lawyer Mark Freeman said he's disappointed with the decision, which came down this week, and said Canadians should be disappointed, too.
"I think Canadians are the real losers here," said Freeman. "They now are not entitled to expect warnings of unusual dangers in campgrounds or national parks."
The men were given notice that there was a bear in the area, but no one told them a bear had been seen in the campground and had attacked tents, he said.
Freeman said he has not had a chance to talk to his clients about the possibility of an appeal

Read more: CBC News - Calgary - Australians lose Alta. grizzly warning case

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
These guys are just after some money and the ambulance chasers have sucked them in. If I went camping in a National Park in Canada where there where bears I would be carrying a shotgun with solid slugs or a suitable centrefire. ;)

Our Drop Bears are much more lovable!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,849 Posts
But Koalas aren't bears! These guys aren't Aussies... they've been converted to Americans with the sue! sue! sue! attitude...

losers

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
But Koalas aren't bears! These guys aren't Aussies... they've been converted to Americans with the sue! sue! sue! attitude...

losers
Don't tell the female Swedish tourists that!!!!!!!

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I went camping in a National Park in Canada where there where bears I would be carrying a shotgun with solid slugs or a suitable centrefire. ;)

Our Drop Bears are much more lovable!
Bear bangers <not to be confused with the Kiwi or Outback sheep banger :rolleyes:> work better and are less likely to get you in trouble with the park warden.

These guys aren't Aussies... they've been converted to Americans with the sue! sue! sue! attitude...

losers
I was thinking that ... they probably had been in the US for the last year or so.

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
At least our crocs are considerate to the Australian economy, the overseas tourist generally doesn't survive = no law suit....:cool:

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,550 Posts
So if I go to Australia and decide to camp where there are Crocs and happen to get munched on by one I should expect to be able to sue the park or the government?
Can an eaten person sue?

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
You come over here, and get partly eaten by a crock, you will be pinched by national parks rangers for feeding wild animals....:)

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You come over here, and get partly eaten by a crock, you will be pinched by national parks rangers for feeding wild animals....:)
:grinroll: Same here. I guess the bear just hadn't gotten enough flesh to make a feeding charge stick. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts