Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,371 Posts
I did it on a manual wagon series 4. I dont know how much it would cost to pay someone to do it cause I did it by myself. I got the kit off Zordo in the vendors section which I think was about $350 which was a good quality kit, the instructions weren't excellent but they did the job.

On mine the only things I had to change were: Radiator shroud, all I did was pull the bottom 50mm piece off worked a treat. Handbrake cable was pulled a bit too tight so I redrilled the mount to move it up a bit higher. Fuel filler pipes, I just loosened the clamps too get a bit more length on them. And you'll probably want to lengthen your fuel lines up to the filter.

·
Registered
nissan
1,371 Posts
There's nothing wrong with bodylifting an airbag vehicle the sensors are not in the end of the chassis like everyone seems to believe, im pretty sure the airbag module thing is up under the dash (cant quite remember, its been a while since I went through it all).

My body lift is also fully approved through the Qld dept. of transport. In Qld (not sure about other states) you have to get the correct form and apply in writing stating what materials, mods you are gonna use to fit the body lift then they send you the letter back saying whether they approve or not, then you do the body lift and get it inspected over the pits at the transport dept. Where they check the WHOLE vehicle not just the body lift. If it passes then you get a stamped letter of approval that you have to keep in the car with you at all times.

Was quite a lengthy process in the end but at least I dont have to worry when I get pulled up by the cops.

·
Registered
Nissan
580 Posts
I did it on a manual wagon series 4. I dont know how much it would cost to pay someone to do it cause I did it by myself. I got the kit off Zordo in the vendors section which I think was about $350 which was a good quality kit, the instructions weren't excellent but they did the job.

On mine the only things I had to change were: Radiator shroud, all I did was pull the bottom 50mm piece off worked a treat. Handbrake cable was pulled a bit too tight so I redrilled the mount to move it up a bit higher. Fuel filler pipes, I just loosened the clamps too get a bit more length on them. And you'll probably want to lengthen your fuel lines up to the filter.

Is it worth doing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.