Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted new auto hubs today but they're still clicking when in 4wd. I bought them off ebay, new, non geniune. Not sure if I did something wrong or it's the hubs themselves. Maybe I put to much grease on. Supposed to be going 4x4ing in morn so need help desperately!!
P.S. Wish I'd gone with my gut and bought AVM's

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Assuming they are OK and installed correctly then if you think you put too much grease in then you probably did... they don't need much at all.

If you are going wheeling just "lock" them... which is what you are supposed to do anyway... and suss it out later.

You don't want to miss out on a day out wheelin' IMHO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Assuming they are OK and installed correctly then if you think you put too much grease in then you probably did... they don't need much at all.

If you are going wheeling just "lock" them... which is what you are supposed to do anyway... and suss it out later.

You don't want to miss out on a day out wheelin' IMHO
As far as i can see the only thing i did wrong when fitting the new one, according to the digital work shop manual, is i had them in the locked position when doing up the bolts buth it seemed to be sitting flush with no gap. I put about a table spoon of bearing grease on the stub and a light smear inside the auto hub

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx for the help guys. turned out to be to much grease. might go to manual hubs I think. sound more reliable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts