Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have looked through most of the previous threads on auto vs manual lockers and seems to be a mixed bag some people love one and hate the other. What I was wondering was if there a certain type of driving/vehicle use that one or the other is better at, say is one better suited to a play car that takes on tought tracks and one for a tourer or does use not matter and the pros and cons remain the same just in their action

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,538 Posts
I have a lokker, I find it convenient and works well. Also most don’t know I have it and makes me appear to be much better on the tracks than I am.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
576 Posts
i've had both. an auto in an ifs ute in a former life, and now a selectable in the patrol.
bang for your buck, an auto is unbeatable. in the front diff of a holden rodeo, the auto was simply amazing.
does an awesome job of stopping you breaking cv's as well.
and if you know which end of a spanner to hold, you can easily fit an auto yourself. it took me longer to get the diff out of the rodeo than it did to fit the locker.
the down side is locking the hubs, and your locked. makes life hard work. it puts a lot of stress through everything, even bent a pitman arm. constantly getting out and unlocking a hub......
i said i wouldn't get another auto, and i'm glad i held out for a selectable.
but if cost is a big issue, 2 auto's for less than the cost of one selectable.........
fyi, it was a 4wd systems auto lokka.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts