Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to move the family from Perth out to Leinster for work reasons, and the missus is insisting i pay to get the patrol put in for a major service and check up before we head out. I'm quite capable of doing most of a service myself and am a bit of a scrooge, so going to give it a go and just pop her in for a basic checkup/tune. Only thing I'm not too sure about is flushing the tranny. I know auto transmission shops use a pump of some sort to flush the system, but can it be done by sticking the return line in a new bottle of fluid and the other line into a bucket? If so, whats the order of tasks? Drain, topup, flush, drain, filter and top up again?
Is there a huge benefit in flushing the system? Or would a drain, clean up the sump and replace the filter be all that is necessary? It hasn't been done in a while so would like to give it a good birthday. Any advice appreciated!
Its a 1992 GQ TB42e by the way

·
Registered
nissan gu
355 Posts
You can put both cooler hoses into a bucket then start it up let a bit of fluid pump out then put that much fluid back in. You'll find the system pushes fluid through the cooler it doesn't suck it

Should also do a pan drop and filter change, I'd just get a shop to do it, its not that much.

·
Registered
nissan
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah now I've had time to think about it, I'll probably end up just doing a quick fluid and filter change and get it flushed when I can afford it again down the track. Cheers for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts