Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990, Auto 4.2l patrol
When traveling at 100 km the engine is revving at around 3000 rpm
Pushing the power button has no effect (Although the indicator light will come on & off)

Anyway think I need a good Auto mechanic
I live in the Melbourne Nth Eastern suburbs (Greensborough/Heidelberg etc)
However I work in the Western suburbs (sunshine/St Albans etc), so either side would do

Aso, has anyone had any experience with "Trans Diffs & Gears" in Thomastown?

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
gday mate,
I just moved to sydney but I am in the automotive circle and may be able to give you some advice. I had a shorty GQ and this is what happend to mine, the gearbox was nuked with 278000kms anyways it cost me around 3200 for good rebuild with a bigger trans cooler.
My good friend Paul from my old home town of Kinglake owns Boronia Automatic Transmissions

Phone: (03) 9729 6697

he has a lovething for nissan gearboxes. Kinglake is not too far from Thomastown and Paul is always happy to drive the cars into his work from home. Nice bloke, if its not shagged he wont try to tell you it is. I feared the worst for my BA auto and he sorted it for peanuts.
Anyways give him a ring see what he has to say.

Cheers Brunsy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gday mate,
I just moved to sydney but I am in the automotive circle and may be able to give you some advice. I had a shorty GQ and this is what happend to mine, the gearbox was nuked with 278000kms anyways it cost me around 3200 for good rebuild with a bigger trans cooler.
My good friend Paul from my old home town of Kinglake owns Boronia Automatic Transmissions

Phone: (03) 9729 6697

he has a lovething for nissan gearboxes. Kinglake is not too far from Thomastown and Paul is always happy to drive the cars into his work from home. Nice bloke, if its not shagged he wont try to tell you it is. I feared the worst for my BA auto and he sorted it for peanuts.
Anyways give him a ring see what he has to say.

Cheers Brunsy

Thanks Brunsy, I'll keep this guy in mind, if possible I'd prefer to take it somewhere closer to home or work, Trans Diffs and Gears was just one place I remembered from many years ago

Has anyone else had a good experience with an Auto repairer ?

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
21 Posts
in a couple of weeks l will have a good auto and trans cooler for sale going cheap with transfer attached doing v8 conversion and going manual wont need it will be in cranbourne though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts