Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan GQ
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Upgrading from my GQ getting old and need some creature comforts, are there any stories or concerns with taking a GU with Auto transmission up to the CAPE, doing water crossings etc? any risk of getting water down the dipstick? Any advise or suggestions appreicated

·
Registered
nissan
1,178 Posts
Tranny and transfer case breathers should from factory go up to your LHF inner guard (along with the front diff breather), I extended mine a little over to the firewall, and fitted right angle fuel filters as to create a bit of a air lock.

Dipstick should be fine, ive done heaps of over the bonnet stuff in the past with no ingress.

You will need to also extend the rear diff breather, as from factory this vents at chassis level.

Other than that I don't think you need to do anything (assuming you have snorkel), except let the whole car cool down a bit before plunging in.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
What he says, the rest is sealed very well, a blind over the grill can be helpful in deep crossings (I have one I made that ties on quickly) to help push the bow wave and minimise water spraying everywhere under the bonnet.

·
Registered
nissan
479 Posts
Nothing about an auto but extend the fuel breathers into the engine bay, that way if you do happen to stop in the middle of a crossing, you can take the breather off at the fuel filler and blow any water out.
Yes, from experience (and this saved my car).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts