Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched on here and googled it, and I am generously confused.

Long story short, bought a new Autometer boost gauge, P/N AU3304 off ebay.
That's all sweet, nothing complex about that.
I assumed it'd just have the usual barbed fitting like me el-cheapo gauge I bought back in the day.
It doesn't, it's come with 1/8" NPT fittings either end. The boost gauge end is fine, That's all sorted.

Getting the other end onto the motor is where I'm confused.
I've got an existing tee into the boost line with normal barbed fittings as per the old gauge.
So what I'm thinking is snip the old boost gauge line, and put a barbed fitting in there with a male 1/8" NPT thread on the opposite end (available from Couplers Malaga, P/N: BRNP3 0603)
and then buy female to female 1/8" NPT fitting (also from Couplers, P/N: BRN26 0303) which "should" allow me to hook up the fitting that came with the gauge yes?

Option "B" is to take the intercooler off and see if I can get either a 1/8" or 1/4" NPT female bung threaded or welded in?

Anywho, this is essentially what I'm working with:
Looking at the middle of the three diagrams as this is a pressure only gauge, no vacuum.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,168 Posts
What I did was buy a barb fitting to attach the main boost line off the IC, or where ever your picking it up, and screw that into a 1/8th bsp nipple, on the other side I screwed in a quick fit coupling to take the Autometer tube directly. So the only place I used the ferrule was at the gauge itself. I hope I understood your question correctly.

Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive fuel system Automotive engine part

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,716 Posts
Go to Pirtek and buy a t piece with one male end and two female ends. Screw the Autometer air fitting into one and use the 2nd for the dawes valve.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
You can also get a fitting that goes under the sensor on the front of your intercooler.
No cutting or drilling. Screws straight in and takes about 3 mins.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,716 Posts
You can also get a fitting that goes under the sensor on the front of your intercooler.
No cutting or drilling. Screws straight in and takes about 3 mins.
I used one of them last week when I did a dawes valve install for one of the guys on the Facebook gu patrol site. Works a treat. Turned the install into a 15min job including tuning. (Ok, I fluked the settings first go ;))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts