Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking at buying boost and egt gauges for my newly acquired ZD30 to monitor the engine prior to any upgrades.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy these where they won't cost a fortune... even look at importing them from the US if the price is right and I can get them cheaper... aussie $$ being so good atm and all ;)

Roughly what price will I be looking at and how much have others paid for them??

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
Have a look on us eBay. I got 2 gauges and mounting cups (boost and oil pressure) delivered for what i would cost for 1 gaige and the 2 cups. I can't remember the eBay shop but the seller name was something like I have the best performance parts prices ever or something. Has any sort of autometer gauge you can think off

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
hey mate.i know this whont help you much but i bought a digital one a few years ago for the patrol and it's very responsive,you can watch the numbers go up in real time with no delay.i strongly belive in spending money on a egt as it could be that fine line between making it home or not.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
57 Posts
jacket mate where did you buy your gauges from?

look the goods in that pillar pod

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
jacket mate where did you buy your gauges from?

look the goods in that pillar pod
AUTOMETER ULTRA LITE 0 - 35 PSI BOOST TURBO GAUGE 4304 - eBay (item 260346827395 end time May-04-11 06:57:51 PDT)

this guy, i sent him a message asking for combined post and both gauges i wanted, he sent me a paypal invoice, i payed, they arrived 5days later. recommended.:D

it was actually cheaper now i look back at the receipt. . .

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Autometer 4344-M $147.95 1
Autometer 4304 $44.93 1
Subtotal $192.88

Shipping and handling $51.90
Total $244.78 USD
Payment $244.78 USD
From amount $247.47 AUD
To amount $244.78 USD

Exchange rate: 1 AUD = 0.989129 USD

Payment sent to Best Deal Performance

·
Registered
nissan
216 Posts
Jacket these gauges look great! I'm thinking of heading down the same path and buying them from the US Ebay. Just wondering how these look at night and if you ever have any difficulty seeing them (day or night)? Also, what is the quality and performance of this brand like?

And what is the deal with those pillar pods, how do you colour match to the GU interior?

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
I just ordered a pillar pod for my Troll from ebay

Pillar Pod this bloke is also able to do some select trim matches...

Mines coming colour matched, should be here next week, I'll let you know what its like

·
Registered
nissan patrol
85 Posts
Have to agree with the eBay option... I recently followed that route and very happy. As my GPS is mounted where the pillar pod would go, I installed them in the dash storage space as per...

·
Registered
nissan 2004 gu patrol
42 Posts
I order my gauges from I Have The Best Performance Parts on ebay, only took 5 days delivered to Perth. Boost gauge and egt gauge cost $235.00aus inc post, as Jacket said, send him a message and he will email you an invoice with combined postage. Got my pillar pod from one of the vendors on here for $95.00 inc post.

·
Registered
nissan
216 Posts
I have seen the black versions of the autometer gauges, I think I like these better over the white-faced ones.

Fireguard those pillar pods look pretty good, do you know what colour code the beige of the GU III ST 3.0L is?

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
Mines that type colour and the compliance plate said it was trim code 'G' I guess ill see how close it is when it gets here

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,637 Posts
Have to agree with the eBay option... I recently followed that route and very happy. As my GPS is mounted where the pillar pod would go, I installed them in the dash storage space as per...

Nice work dude.
They look good there.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
1,210 Posts
Did you make it? Or brought it from somewhere?? Im really keen to do this for mine.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan gu
355 Posts
www.summitracing.com

U.S shop have not got anything off them in a few years now but used to get a bit off em when i had a yank tank and also got Autometer gauges and a Detroit Locker from them. Best time i had was landed to my door in 6 days,

I got some braded cooling hoses off them and after 20,000km one failed with a pin hole leak. E-mailed them about it. Told them it had been on the Car for 12,000km was using X type coolant and they gave me a store credit for the price of the hose.

Was pleasantly surprised by that, customer service something that we are not used to in Australia

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
VPW or Victorian performance warehouse are pretty cheap for most stuff, good website. I buy a heap of chev gear of them , they are usually only 10-15 bux more than jegs or summit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts