Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daylight savings. The trees are in bud the sun is shining and there is no humidity.
Winter sux but Summer is awesome and it's coming on :bananada:

2 weeks more of holidays after this week too :D

·
Registered
nissan
6,180 Posts
I've spent one full summer in Vic. I think it was Christmas 2001. I think there were only about three days day in December that were above 20 degrees, one of which was about 33 and the next day was 17. We were in Bairnsdale for Christmas day and they had frosts and record hailstorms in the days leading up to Christmas. It snowed at Mt Hotham on new years day. The weather through January improved a lot but the "summer" was half over by then. At least in winter you expect it to be cold there. We've never been back to Vic for a summer holiday but one January when I was there on a business trip the weather was beautiful with clear skys and temps about 25 degrees before lunch but a north west change came through in the afternoon and temps went to 41 in about 3 hours. I've no doubt Vic must have good weather at some stage but it's rarely happened when I've been there.

·
Registered
nissan
22,148 Posts
Ditto. I visited Melbourne quite a few years ago, One day the temperature was 44C ... Whew!

I was staying at the Chateau Townhouse (is it still there?) I stayed inside all day. Never went back.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,225 Posts
I was at my dad’s in Ballarat for New Years once, had the fire going inside, it bucketed down and the icy wind was straight from Antarctica, cut right through you.

You can stick that up yer arse.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
18,694 Posts
Currently 20.1c here at 5am as i am leaving for work... Don't think i'll need my beanie today ;)

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The weather in Vic is smart too.
When undesirable elements turn up it goes to shlt
Otherwise it's spot on :)

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,225 Posts
I know you love it Warty but like lots of people, I really like Victoria... except for the shlt weather.

That’s the only reason I wouldn’t live there.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Id happily get the hell out for 6 mnths of the year.
The next 6 mnths in central vic are great but the last 6 were slash your wrists appalling :(

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mates in qld are saying it is getting "steamy" already. :p
Not steamy here;

F'n good bro

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,884 Posts
18.1 need an overcoat for that, the pool is a pleasant 29.3 might just have a float around after whippysniping and spraying the frangipannis.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,166 Posts
18.1 need an overcoat for that, the pool is a pleasant 29.3 might just have a float around after whippysniping and spraying the frangipannis.
33.4 here and 44%RH, bloodymarvelous after spending the last 5 weeks in single digits of a morning.

What do you spray your Frangis with and for what reason???????? all mine are leafing now, but my Singapore is in full leaf with flower stems everywhere.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,884 Posts
I spray them for "Rust", there was a product called "Rust-Rid" but it's no longer available. The active ingredient is 'TRIADIMEFON', it's used on farms as a fungicide. The only place I could get it was a place in Toowoomba, 10 kg in powder. Mix at 125g/litre as the base spray, then dilute to 6 ml / 5 litres. It's usually just sprayed on the ground but, if the infestation is bad you spray the leaves. Spray once a month from November to March. We had a bad infestation last season as I didn't have any spray. Humidity and lack of breeze through the trees are your worst enemy.

http://www.thefrangipaniman.com/gpage3.html

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
33.4 is ok but 44.5 on yr back verandah sux
We are just coming on song here.
Cool at night for sleeping and fresh in the morning but spot on for outdoor activity later.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
796 Posts
I like going to places that are a bit cooler for a holiday.

Not sure if I'd like to live there/work on my stuff/outside in the freezing cold though.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,166 Posts
33.4 is ok but 44.5 on yr back verandah sux
We are just coming on song here.
Cool at night for sleeping and fresh in the morning but spot on for outdoor activity later.
It is all about what you are used to, I've worked in -20c in the US and hated it, I've also worked in 45c and 99%RH, that was in northern Thailand many years ago, that was worse than PNG which often gets to 39c and 99%RH.

I love my 'moderate' QLD heat :).

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
15 years in Alice.
I'm an outdoors person and like to exercise.
For 6 months it's way better here.

It is what you get used to true.

·
Registered
nissan
352 Posts
The wifes working in The Dandenong Ranges. No not "the Dandenong". Darwin to Melb. She an't happy. Every night i get told, I'm cold so cold.
But me happys as. Pootrol at ontrack4x4 get more bits put on. Rated recovery points rock sliders an LR tank.
So nothing here to complain a out.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
796 Posts
The wifes working in The Dandenong Ranges. No not "the Dandenong". Darwin to Melb. She an't happy. Every night i get told, I'm cold so cold.
But me happys as. Pootrol at ontrack4x4 get more bits put on. Rated recovery points rock sliders an LR tank.
So nothing here to complain a out.
If you're down there now, not sure you're missing out on so much up here. :(

Bring on the rain.

·
Registered
nissan
352 Posts
Still up here. I dont mind the build up actually. Bring on the thunder storms..
But i have always gone by..
Its hot, everyone's hot, you sweat everyone sweats.
And roll along.

1 - 20 of 1100 Posts