Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Awesome Southern Weather, Well for 6 hours Anyway

81K views 2K replies 43 participants last post by  45/70 
#1 ·
Daylight savings. The trees are in bud the sun is shining and there is no humidity.
Winter sux but Summer is awesome and it's coming on :bananada:

2 weeks more of holidays after this week too :D

See less See more
#2 ·
I've spent one full summer in Vic. I think it was Christmas 2001. I think there were only about three days day in December that were above 20 degrees, one of which was about 33 and the next day was 17. We were in Bairnsdale for Christmas day and they had frosts and record hailstorms in the days leading up to Christmas. It snowed at Mt Hotham on new years day. The weather through January improved a lot but the "summer" was half over by then. At least in winter you expect it to be cold there. We've never been back to Vic for a summer holiday but one January when I was there on a business trip the weather was beautiful with clear skys and temps about 25 degrees before lunch but a north west change came through in the afternoon and temps went to 41 in about 3 hours. I've no doubt Vic must have good weather at some stage but it's rarely happened when I've been there.

#4 ·
I was at my dad’s in Ballarat for New Years once, had the fire going inside, it bucketed down and the icy wind was straight from Antarctica, cut right through you.

You can stick that up yer arse.

#10 ·
18.1 need an overcoat for that, the pool is a pleasant 29.3 might just have a float around after whippysniping and spraying the frangipannis.

#11 ·
33.4 here and 44%RH, bloodymarvelous after spending the last 5 weeks in single digits of a morning.

What do you spray your Frangis with and for what reason???????? all mine are leafing now, but my Singapore is in full leaf with flower stems everywhere.

#12 ·
I spray them for "Rust", there was a product called "Rust-Rid" but it's no longer available. The active ingredient is 'TRIADIMEFON', it's used on farms as a fungicide. The only place I could get it was a place in Toowoomba, 10 kg in powder. Mix at 125g/litre as the base spray, then dilute to 6 ml / 5 litres. It's usually just sprayed on the ground but, if the infestation is bad you spray the leaves. Spray once a month from November to March. We had a bad infestation last season as I didn't have any spray. Humidity and lack of breeze through the trees are your worst enemy.

http://www.thefrangipaniman.com/gpage3.html

Reactions: geeyoutoo
#15 ·
It is all about what you are used to, I've worked in -20c in the US and hated it, I've also worked in 45c and 99%RH, that was in northern Thailand many years ago, that was worse than PNG which often gets to 39c and 99%RH.

I love my 'moderate' QLD heat :).

#17 ·
The wifes working in The Dandenong Ranges. No not "the Dandenong". Darwin to Melb. She an't happy. Every night i get told, I'm cold so cold.
But me happys as. Pootrol at ontrack4x4 get more bits put on. Rated recovery points rock sliders an LR tank.
So nothing here to complain a out.

#30 ·
Good weather for 6 months is a bit optimistic Warty.

We have 6 months with the potential to have nice weather (Oct - Mar) but somehow a lot of those days still manage to be crap.
Early to mid next week should be nice though.