Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello it's Kyle here.
Finally have my patrol. Been wanting one for years. After having fast cars thought it about time to get off road.
I'm down the south west of WA and loving getting out and exploring the amazing places down here.
Here it is when I first got it a couple of months ago.
All stranded and every neat with 80thousand kms
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411616949.634919.jpg
Will be modding it slowly.
Have since done full NADS... Still trying to set it up just right.
3" exhaust.
Boost and EGT gauges.
Catch can.
Threw some black paint I'm the wheels and some rhino racks a had in the shed.
I've got a a 9" fan to put under the intercooler too.

There will be heaps more coming but I'm just enjoying getting out and about.

Couple of pics of it's progress.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411616647.119185.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411617453.820537.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411617488.433814.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411617536.451681.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411617575.910523.jpg

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
G'day Kyle, congrats on the new Patrol. Good fun isn't it?

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Things are slowly progressing. Have fitted a new reverse light setup. It tunes night into day. Half way through fitting a snorkel I picked up. Took the gamble and got a safari knock off. The template was pretty bad. Had to move it around a bit. The finish on the snorkel is pretty good. Just got the heat fun onto it to make it fit the guard better. It's coming up a treat so I'm happy.
It's at the auto sparky this week getting the intercooler fan, two way and all gauges rewired as I'm not 100% confident in my wiring.
Been getting out a heap too and just enjoying it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414501930.354675.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414501962.153317.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414501988.920053.jpg
Dingo beach not far from albany ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414502017.804533.jpg
9" thermo fan under the cooler ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414502036.620091.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello.
Fitted up some TJM steps and brush bars a few weeks ago. Happy with how they came out. Had to get some 50mm pipe machined up to extend the brush bars to suit the standard bull bar. Will eventually weld some more pipe work underneath to strengthen the steps up a little.
Made the treck down Bornholm too. Can be quite a difficult climb out. It has taken many a victim.
Been looking into upgrading the intercooler too. Not sure which way I want to go yet... ARE, HPD or CROSS COUNTRY.
I know most of u will say go cross country but in liking the HPD series 2 set up. Can anyone give me any feed back on this???

Cheers
Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey iv just noticed all my pics r blurry. Is it just me or they the same for u guys too? I'm using the Tapatalk app and uploading them in high quality.

As for updates iv got a new cooler coming. Will put pics up and give my feedback. Wanting to get a remap soon too.

Cheers

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey my new intercooler rocked up the other day.
It's a hpd knock off from ebay. I was looking at them for ages coz I couldn't justify spending so much of the real thing.
I finally took the gamble and it paid off.
Looks pretty well made. Fitted it up today and fits like a dream. I know a few guys that got them and the mounting brackets were all over the place but mine was good.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445695660.031403.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445695684.346955.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445695697.346467.jpg

Egt's are down across the board. It's a little bit had to get a good reading as my boost gauge is playing up.
Seat of pants it pulls harder through the revs. Pushing it hard egt's only got to 400 degrees and would drop quicker too. Normal driving around town they would sit between 230 and 280 degrees so pretty happy with that.
Sending my ecu off to Deisel power unlimited next week for a stage 2 remap too.

Also picked up a bonnet protector too. Just FYI I found not change in egt's once it was fitted too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445696115.315341.jpg

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok worked out the crappy pic issue.
Here are some better ones.

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello.
I got my ecu back from Diesel Power Unlimited yesterday.
Have only driven around the block so far but it feels quite strong. More torquey more power. How much? I don't know. Don't have access to a dyno. Will try get out to the beach over the weekend and see how it performs.

Cheers
Kyle

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Hey.

Spent some time on beach and tracks seeing how it goes with the remap and it's pretty bloody awesome. Heaps more torque right through the revs. Makes it a pleasure to drive.

Fitted done LED strip modals to the big barn door this afternoon to give some light over the door table I'm going to make up soon.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums...5-11/D039D546-AF34-419D-8F29-2AFE0F4D2045.jpg

Cheers
Kyle

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I don't know why the pic isn't working

Well it's working now.

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
I only see the url, but it works if I click on it. Had a look at your code, it looks good... should work.

Good to see things coming along.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only see the url, but it works if I click on it. Had a look at your code, it looks good... should work.

Good to see things coming along.

No worries. Thanks. Is that for all the pics as I can see them all.

Cheers

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Only yesterday's post - all the others are cool.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Happy new year all.
It's been a pretty quiet one for me and my partner as we welcomed the arrival of our first child a few weeks ago.
Was able to have nearly 6 weeks off work too. Due to my partner needing to have her appendix out a week after giving birth and Christmas break shutdown too.

I had all these plans to do a few things to the patrol but ended up having nearly no time in the shed.

Did get a couple things done though.

Finally made up my barn door table.
Used a bit of 12mm ply and finished it with some decking stain then ran some U channel Aluminioum around it too. Instead of using the lacky ute cover straps I just put a press stud in the webbing to hold it up.
It come up pretty well I think. I'm going to make up a new door card out of either more ply or a sheet of 3mm black plastic I got from plastics plus.

Also removed the bullbar to give it a tidy up and weld on another bracket for my new fm areal. And also clean up a bit of surface rust in the rad support panel before it gets away from me.
What a mission it's been too after getting some did info about using filler primer and ending up having to get it sandblasted. Halfway through painting it now and will be back on in a couple of days.

Cheers
Kyle

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival! It's a life-changing event.

Door table looks the goods.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers guys.

Finally got the bullbar back on after I got some not so good advice about filler and undercoat. Ended up needing to get the bar sandblasted.
Trying to find someone to do that in a small town 2 days before Christmas was going to be a mission. But my dad has his contacts and it got done the Tuesday after Christmas. It came up pretty well I think. Would of been good to get it powder coated but I liked the idea of being able to touch it up when it gets ratty again.

I was going to get the spray gun out but I'm not hugely confident with it yet. Need to use it more on less important things. Ended up using a Dulux epoxy enamel pressure pack... I know, I know not the best way but easy to touch up later. Quite impress with it really.

I'm in the middle of organising my soon to be brother in laws bucks party. A heap of us are heading out to reef beach for the march long weekend. Going to be so good.

2010 DX 3ltr wagon

1 - 20 of 33 Posts