Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SA night run - ideas and suggestions???

Ive been looking around at 4x4earth, and they reckon theres a few good tracks down south, near strathalbyn and up at balaklava.Check them out and let me know what you guys think.I''m keen to visit a few and have a go.

Dog Trap Road - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

Pinchbeck Firetrail, Mt Barker - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

Cove Heights Tracks - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

willunga - sellicks hills track - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

time waster - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

Old Sellecks Hill Road - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

Snake Gully Rd - Harragate - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

Sandy Waterhole track - Mount Torrens - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

Golf Links Rd - Lobethal - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

Im keen to have a night run next weekend (4th december) as im still upset i missed this weekend at morgan lol.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
old sellicks hill road if its what im thinking is closed now but wasn't anything special will have to try the rest of them out!

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
yer im keen aswell. thats probably about the same distance for both of us. most tracks will be becoming boring again now that everything is drying up though

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its probably not a bad idea to check them out now before they get torn up after the next big rain. I went down to haines fire track with 31' AT's when i first bought my mav, and it was pretty poor.Massive ruts and the hill had flooded and washed a lot of the middle away. Been meaning to go back, just got no one keen to drive that far on a saturday arvo/sunday morning.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
im up for anything mate just give me a bit of notice ill prob even get my mate out in his gq simmilar to urs. that hallet cove heights track is the reynella quarry hahahah

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the cove heights track looks similar to one here at gulfview heights, only good when it rains, even then we only use it as a meeting spot and place for a few beers as its pretty short and close to houses.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If anyone is interested and knows of any places worth a mention, get it up on this page.Even if theres a few tracks close together we can combine them into a killer evening.Just a warning though, it will end up a late night.And recoveries are required it could end up an early morning lol

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
id be keen..... but i dont really know anywhere close ( and legal) only been in the wheeling game for a few months.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
well if theres heaps of rain we can finish up in 'hallet cove heights' no chance of any trouble in there in the wet in there gay landcruisers!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have done a few here are my thoughts.

Dog Trap Road - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks - Great little track, better when wet. I would do it again.

Pinchbeck Firetrail, Mt Barker - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks just been graded, boring, but if it was wet maybe interesting long and steep. PS i put that one in!! Used to be good when it was washed out.

Cove Heights Tracks - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks- Yep not real legal anymore, but lots still go

willunga - sellicks hills track - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

time waster - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks-

Old Sellecks Hill Road - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks- Heard it was closed, the road was boring but the little steep hills on either side were okay.

Snake Gully Rd - Harragate - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks- Another would be great in the wet. I enjoy it, got the articulation going some rocks.

Sandy Waterhole track - Mount Torrens - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks- Drove the missus standard Liberty down it, great views but boring 4x4, unless really wet.

Golf Links Rd - Lobethal - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks- Okay this is the one you want to do, Only when wet thou, in the dry it is fun, you drive up on the sides of the tracks, one big hill, which would be insane in the wet, massive ruts. I would defiately go back any time.

Most of these say closed when wet. I am doing the same as you and trying them all and finding the good ones. Snake and Golf were the best that i have seen so far. Most of these are just drives, but with the family in the car, it makes for good viewing, plenty of animals and scenery to keep them interested.

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
The Troll goes in Wednesday for a bit of audio excitement, should be back Friday... so any night from then on im keen.

·
I SUNK 1
Nissan Patrol ST GQ30
960 Posts
so when we thinking of this night run, this weekend is it. again, im only running roadies so will i just be wasting peoples time.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts