Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a snorkel and need to install a balance tube. Can I safely assume that the tube/elbow needs to be positioned so that its opening is facing the incoming air flow. i.e. as though the air is blowing into it rather than past it or across it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
940 Posts
only forward in the rain and snow and when the dust,
no problem

Attachments

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
I think it needs to face forward, if it runs like crap try it the other way.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
103 Posts
I don't have one fitted and it runs fine.... can anyone explain this?? I thought I needed one, but I haven't had any issues to date.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it needs to face forward, if it runs like crap try it the other way.
I was talking about the balance tube needing to face the incoming air rather than the ram head on the actual snorkel.

Cheers.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
I was talking about the balance tube needing to face the incoming air rather than the ram head on the actual snorkel.

Cheers.

I know that your talking about the balance tube Between LPG convertor and Air intake, As i said face forward (opening facing the incoming air flow) so as if air gets sucked in

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that your talking about the balance tube Between LPG convertor and Air intake, As i said face forward (opening facing the incoming air flow) so as if air gets sucked in

Sweet. Thanks.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Sweet. Thanks.

Im currently running my 4.5L without the balance tube, It shouldnt effect the normal running, its just to assist with not stalling, thats what my lpg installer told me.

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im currently running my 4.5L without the balance tube, It shouldnt effect the normal running, its just to assist with not stalling, thats what my lpg installer told me.
Yeah that's the problem I'm experiencing. It runs fine until I want to slow down for a corner of come to a stop and then it stalls. It runs OK with the ram head on backwards but I don't really want to have it the wrong way around forever.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Try restricting the flow of air that gets into the balance tube

1 - 13 of 13 Posts