Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How’s the new set up going?
The more I look at it the more I want to re do my set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good.

Been busy with the flood recovery. It only got this far as I took some time out for myself last Sunday. After some of the stuff I have seen I needed it. I starting wiring up the locks for central locking after work during the week. Should finish them this week end. It is going in for a long range tank on Tuesday. Accessories fitter is going to run cabling from car battery and rear Anderson plug while it is on the hoist.

I have made it so it is all plug and play. I mounted all the components, then pulled the board out and stood it in my vice. Wired it all up on the bench then reinstalled. So much easier than having your head / body stuck in a canopy.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Long range tank and UHF in. Tank was near empty so filled it up and three jerry cans for my tractor. Looks like the fuel excise cut has been passed on. That was quick.

And ordered some new wheels.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel

Font Vehicle Gas Signage Electric blue

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,313 Posts
Good.

Been busy with the flood recovery. It only got this far as I took some time out for myself last Sunday. After some of the stuff I have seen I needed it. I starting wiring up the locks for central locking after work during the week. Should finish them this week end. It is going in for a long range tank on Tuesday. Accessories fitter is going to run cabling from car battery and rear Anderson plug while it is on the hoist.

I have made it so it is all plug and play. I mounted all the components, then pulled the board out and stood it in my vice. Wired it all up on the bench then reinstalled. So much easier than having your head / body stuck in a canopy.
Just ran the central locking wiring for the bosses canopy on his hilux. 6 canopy locks.
The auto sparky then hooked them up to the trigger wires. Was surprised at how simple it was being no extra power wire needed at all. Just purely the lock / unlock trigger.
Definite time saver though rather than having to go round and check them all (y)

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Some new hoops and rims went on today. Last week free wheeling hubs, diff drop and 100k service. Nice to use it in low range two wheel drive when backing in the trailer.

It is starting to grow on me. Still not a Patrol but not a bad compromise.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
12,287 Posts
Some new hoops and rims went on today. Last week free wheeling hubs, diff drop and 100k service. Nice to use it in low range two wheel drive when backing in the trailer.

It is starting to grow on me. Still not a Patrol but not a bad compromise.

View attachment 542001
Looking good
I read somewhere that with my ute instead of getting free wheeling hubs , find the solenoid wire that activated the front diff and put a switch on it so that way low range can be activated but still be in 2wd. This way I still have shift on the fly

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Looking good
I read somewhere that with my ute instead of getting free wheeling hubs , find the solenoid wire that activated the front diff and put a switch on it so that way low range can be activated but still be in 2wd. This way I still have shift on the fly

Yes not a bad way to do it.

I wanted my axles not to be turning all the time. Plus if I break a CV I can unlock the hub and keep driving.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Happy with this result. Eats hills (which we have plenty of). Yet to tow with it. Tuner wants to flatten out the torque curve. He said there must be a limiter somewhere in the file. Once he finds it he will amend and down load.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Paper

21 - 29 of 29 Posts