1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Les Carter - "GU Bash Plates"

:p
Hi All
Today I had a new bash plate fitted. Les Carter did the job. Looks great and was only $100.00 fitted. 6mm Steel Plate, painted in 2 Pack.
He was very Professional and treated my truck as if it was his own. So if you are in Brisbane give Les a Call 0432 398 683 as he seems to have sorted this problem out, Cheap Enough for all of us.
Also just a note to be aware of the bash plates are not one size fits all.
But the good news is the Les has already solved the designed problems for each model.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
4,576 Posts
Posted in this thread for you

·
Registered
17 Posts
I manufacture professional quality sliders and sill bars for GU & GQ Patrols.
Prices are:
Sliders $ 900

Sill bars $500

They have 3 mounting points instead of 2 that seems to be common practice.
They have been well and truly tested as this prototype shows during developement of GQ sill bars.

Current turnaround time is ten days.

Also available are bash plates for GU models for only $100. GQ bash plates are currently at developement stage.

Any questions or enquiries, please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Les is situated at Goodna near Ipswich.
I have a set of sill guards and a bash plate from Les.
Top quality at the right price.
Well worth your time to check him out.
He has also done some work for some comp trucks.
His sliders and sill guards have been tried and tested and have come up trumps.:)
Cheers,
Graham.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sliders etc

thanks for your replys as whynott says im at goodna , i havnt got to the rear bars yet for GU but have one for GQ its 72mm outside diameter pipe,6mm wall with haman reece type towbar mount, looks great and not as heavy as you would think. As with all my work its been tested to the extreme because after all its there to stop damage they cost $750 there are comparable ones around my mate has one and it cost nearly a grand. The GU ones wont be ready untill about xmas (only 4 months away)but they will be worth the wait:) :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
As a recipient of Les'e work on a comp truck (Blacker's "Angry Bananna") I have personaly put Darren in some real sh*tty spots to see if we could break the sill guards, so far I've failed!! :(

Seriously though I have seen the work frist hand and the construction process it's top stuff..

Andy

Froggy the gold GU has the sliders with a "bash" plate along the length of the sill and the GQ on rocks has the sill guard no "bash" plate

·
Registered
119 Posts
GQ Front and Rear bars~ any pics you can post??
Would love to see and compare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
reae bars , sliders , sill bars

hi froggy and mouse sorry about the long response time , had a bit of a glitch in my system. first up, froggy , sliders are designed to slide over obsticales usually by way of a full length steel plate under the step or sill bar my sill bar is simillar to a side step but much stronger . i sell heaps of them because they are cheap for the sill protection you get. mouse, im doing rear bars for GQ 3 inch pipe with 6mm wall or your choice of rhs no problem they incorprate a haman-reece type towbar reciever around $750. any queriers please ring me ;) ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to let everyone know that I will be unavailable till the 30th of this month.
I will let everyone know when I am back.
Just in time for Tuff Tracks.
Thanks for all of the support.
Cheers,
Les.:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
crooksey said:
What would freight be worth roughfly to the north brisbane area?
any photos of how the sill bars are attached to the chassis of the gq

Cheers
Les is in Gooda/Ipswich - worth the drive rather than freight to Nth Brisbane.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sill baes on GQ

Hi Crooksey , they are attatched the same way the GU ones are as per the photos that are posted ,Dan is right better for you to collect than pay freight . ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
oh god how did you get back through customs??????????

1 - 20 of 44 Posts