2009 gu ute
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
normally $109 got it for $20 ex display stock at bunnings

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,145 Posts
Gunna be tricky to mount that on your roof rack.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Gunna be tricky to mount that on your roof rack.
But when he does it will help his gq when he is travelling the same direction as the wind... haha

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Not a bad deal, but personally cant stand them, I mean look at it, they need a lot of weight on the base to make them stay upright in any light wind.

Brilliant idea if you own a camel or an elephant, you could just weld the base to the platform/seat you chuck on them.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Not a bad deal, but personally cant stand them, I mean look at it, they need a lot of weight on the base to make them stay upright in any light wind.

Brilliant idea if you own a camel or an elephant, you could just weld the base to the platform/seat you chuck on them.
What a lucky find, all that anti elephant paint that Leethal has used on his wing mirrors has sent all the elephants to my place so I'll need a dozen of those umbrellas.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,456 Posts
Hahaha! Gold!

I'll hunt down the receipt and let you know where to get the paint :)

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts

Yeah they're farking terrible despite the nice shade.
ours came with 4x25kg blocks to hold it down, plus it's bolted to the brick wall outside, plus its held against the guttering when its fully open.
Its fairly big.
But even with all that attempting it to stop from blowing over, do ya reckon it stays place?

NOPE!!! The farker blows over every second bloody week!

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Bunnings have had some cracker bargains lately.

I bought 4 x block out blinds that were $125 each for $40 each.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Must be clearing stuff out as masters is spreading it's wings in SA.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well its bolted to the ground and rachet strapped to an upright so does not move. come check it out next weekend if you want Andrew and yes I will have beer. bachelor weekend next weekend partners in melb thurs to mon .

Reactions: dronus4x4
1 - 14 of 14 Posts