Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this product or one similar??

DOG Silencer™ Ultrasonic Bark Control Device Stops DOG Barking Humanely | eBay

My neighbours dogs are driving me bat **** crazy... barking all the time. My family and I are over it. I've told them about theie dogs and they just dont care.

I can find plenty of testimonials, particuarly on the manufactures website. But no real "yeah I've got one and they work"

Any reviews of this product would be greatly appreciated.

Todd.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
615 Posts
Sorry mate, had the same situation but our neighbour has a Great Dane type hound and the woof on it came right through the walls at 4 in the morning. Got the shyts with it and told him to strap one of these to it's neck or we'd get the authorities involved.

Stopped it barking immediately and haven't heard from it since!

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271548175951

2014 NEW PETRAINER AUTOMATIC ANTI BARK COLLAR STOP BARKING DOG TRAINING COLLAR

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
I hate my neighbour dog the Bloody thing yaps day, night, morning , arvo inside and out I seriously can't understand how the lady puts up with it. It's really loud.

My best fix , Is a hose or a bucket of water over the fence, when it yaps outside. Bloody hilarious when it yelps and bangs in to the door trying to get in the doggy door.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
I hate my neighbour dog the Bloody thing yaps day, night, morning , arvo inside and out I seriously can't understand how the lady puts up with it. It's really loud.

My best fix , Is a hose or a bucket of water over the fence, when it yaps outside. Bloody hilarious when it yelps and bangs in to the door trying to get in the doggy door.
Just keep in mind that it is NEVER the dogs fault,, a happy well exercised dog will not bark incessantly.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well these dogs are rarely exercised from what I can see.
Regardless it's NOT my fault.
These dogs just fight with the other neighbours dogs through the fence, up and down, up and down the fence.
I would love to think one of these products would be effective in shutting them up.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
i built my own using a combination of kits from germany (kemo), a winch remote control, a car battery and a solar battery charger

i also have a cheap ebay mp3 player with remote from ebay, ultrasonic piezo drivers and a usb stick loaded with a complete suite of different ultrasonic sounds 12k to 24k kHz) that i can trigger as a back up. the usb can play a single loop which lasts for 5 minutes. 12-24 is the range that irritates dogs. its a wide range as it varies between dogs and is also influenced by their age

i had to resort to this as the neighbour is a moron and the dog is never exercised (doberman) its not the dogs fault, but the dog was driving all 5 neighbours absolutely nuts

he rarely barks now - i only trigger it if he doesn't shut up when i'm in the backyard. a side effect is that he runs inside his house to have a protest bark at me - and then they tell him off - poor bastard can't win

i don't use it if he is barking at the front of the house as he still needs to be a guard dog, so I've conditioned him to stop barking at me or my dog

will post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i built my own using a combination of kits from germany (kemo), a winch remote control, a car battery and a solar battery charger

i also have a cheap ebay mp3 player with remote from ebay, ultrasonic piezo drivers and a usb stick loaded with a complete suite of different ultrasonic sounds 12k to 24k kHz) that i can trigger as a back up. the usb can play a single loop which lasts for 5 minutes. 12-24 is the range that irritates dogs. its a wide range as it varies between dogs and is also influenced by their age

i had to resort to this as the neighbour is a moron and the dog is never exercised (doberman) its not the dogs fault, but the dog was driving all 5 neighbours absolutely nuts

he rarely barks now - i only trigger it if he doesn't shut up when i'm in the backyard. a side effect is that he runs inside his house to have a protest bark at me - and then they tell him off - poor bastard can't win

i don't use it if he is barking at the front of the house as he still needs to be a guard dog, so I've conditioned him to stop barking at me or my dog

will post pics tomorrow

That would be fantastic, thanks.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Believe me,, it's never the dogs fault,, this dog must have been neglected from day one.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
btw, these work, but they are d cell powered and are constantly on - so the dog can get used to the freq

you can flip them over face down to "turn them off", but its a pita

when he's persistent he gets all 3 drivers at once. he gives up pretty quickly. i can hear him grumbling and growling in their house, but he'll refuse to come out while they are on.

Kemo FG015 High Power Ultrasonic Animal Repeller Second Hand | eBay

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts

will post pics tomorrow

That's all good if you know what you're doing, but I recommend others buy a commercially available unit.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
551 Posts
dozen meatball balls + ratsak = problem solved, but serioulsy, i found a big handful of small cat biscuits flung over the fence kept the dog busy for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,466 Posts
I admit my dog dosent get exercised as much as he needs but thankfully my kids play with him heaps as does our little rat dog.
but dam my dog sits at back door barking his disagreement of being an outside dog and not being aloud inside all the time.
he evens jumps on back door demanding door be opened.
we have a ultrasonic collar but having troubles getting batteries for it. if that doesnt work then gonna get a zappy collar.

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
I admit my dog dosent get exercised as much as he needs but thankfully my kids play with him heaps as does our little rat dog.
but dam my dog sits at back door barking his disagreement of being an outside dog and not being aloud inside all the time.
we have a ultrasonic collar but having troubles getting batteries for it. if that doesnt work then gonna get a zappy collar.
collars don't always work. i bought one for the neighbours dog

he worked out that it would trigger on multiple barks, so changed to spaced single barks

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,025 Posts
the issue is about conditioning. eg in my case the dog has worked out that barking at me in the backyard means he gets his ears hurt, if he barks in his house or out the front, there are no consequences

it usually takes 3-4 weeks to condition them as long as the cause and effect associations are consistent

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
You can put a bark collar on your dog, they do work well.

If it's your neighbors dog, try the council. They can force the owner to act on nuisance dogs. At least they can in WA. I imagine laws are similar where you are. Use them. Its what you pay your rates for.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Please don't, electric collars are cruel.

It sounds like you have the wrong breed of dog for you and your situation.

I suggest you make the time to exercise your dog's body and mind or try and find a more suitablehome for it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts