Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone post up the height of the small rear barn door? From the top of the metal to the bottom of the metal. I am trying to compare the fitting of a ladder from a Y61 to a Y60.

If anyone has decent piccys of rear ladders on Y61 it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. With our import regulations we will not see Y61 Safaris until late 2012.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, it's not like I can go see one down the road....

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
1235mm from the bottom of the small door to the top of the door.
Thats taken from the outside of the door and closest to to midlle of the door.
I have not got ant pics of a ladder as I don't have one myself.
Hope this helps you out.
I have a 05 wagon model

Cheers
Wayne

·
Registered
378 Posts
so is the problem you cant find one to fit a y60 (gq) or have you found one that fits a y61(gu) and you want to convert it
(i have a y60 one in my shed if you need photos or measurements)

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem is I have what is supposed to be a ladder for a Y60 but it is too long. I am trying to figure out what the ladder is for. The dimension Wayne has posted is a lot taller than a Y60 door and larger than the ladder I have. As for the ladder I have, I can cut it to shorten and weld.

Is the height of the Y61 small barn door really 1235mm?

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Juast re-measured it with the wife's dress making tape and it come out at 123cm or 48.5 inches so the first one I gave you was wrong sorry about that mate.
I was using my tape measure from the shed. That was following the contour of the door.
Hope this helps.

Wayne

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Wayne, 5cm less is still too much. Are you able to measure in more of a straight line on the edge and guesstimate the average in the centre? No worries if not, even 120 cm is too long for this ladder.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
439 Posts
Measured from the top of the door to the bottom of the door in a straight line without following the contour of the door and it came out at approx 117cm.
Hope this helps.

Wayne

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was just looking at the rear door of a Y61, I now see why they are so much taller than a Y60. The top of the door is not recessed under the roof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chaps, I've welded up a small barn door for my Y61 GU Patrol, but now trying to figure out the connections to the door. The frontrunner one has three riv nuts down the bottom and two up top - my reckoning is that the top two go through two layers of door steel (where it's folded double) and three go through what I think is a single layer of panel steel.

Does anyone have any experience with these fitments being enough for normal use? 100kg person on the ladder carrying stuff?

I'm not good enough with the welder to do a folded over hook type thing on the top (which I'd prefer of course) - unless anyone has some particularly easy ideas to execute.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts