Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the hinges on the rear door, my bottom hinge has flogged out due to the weight of the spare wheel. Is it a simple fix or does it require a new door.

Thanks
Gary.

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
Hey Gary, If you send Me a close up pic of the hinge, I'll check it out and I may be able to re bush and re pin it for you, If you want to pm Me, i'll give you my email add. cheers.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ferrett,

Thanks for the offer, but I am on the east coast and this is my daily driver so can't afford to have it off the road for the week it would take, thanks for the offer anyway.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Goto Nissan and buy a hinge then.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ferrett,

Thanks for the offer, but I am on the east coast and this is my daily driver so can't afford to have it off the road for the week it would take, thanks for the offer anyway.
Maybe you could buy a dud set real cheap from a wrecker and send them over to The Ferret to be re-co'ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
you dont need a new door,but from memory i had to take the door off to do mine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wreckers are the go. Gold Coast 4wd wreckers has heaps for cheap. Heaps of different colours as well. good luck

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq wagon
1 Posts
hi, my husband and I are refurbing two GQ wagons, both with busted pins in the hinges of the large barn door. Is there anywhere on the east coast that can repair or replace? Husband is not having much luck repairing them himself as he is overworked and has no time! One car is in pieces, the other still on the road. Thanks, I look forward to hearing some suggestions.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
My RH door snapped one. I bought the RH lower one from Mr Nissan, $116.00 YEOWCH!
Then I got a grease nipple kit and drilled and tapped grease nipples into all 4 hinges. Now I grease these whenever do the underside, each oil change.
Cheers

Reactions: dom14

·
Registered
nissan
158 Posts
My RH door snapped one. I bought the RH lower one from Mr Nissan, $116.00 YEOWCH!
Then I got a grease nipple kit and drilled and tapped grease nipples into all 4 hinges. Now I grease these whenever do the underside, each oil change.
Cheers
now thats a great idea!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hoping to liven this thread back up.
I've taken the hinges off the barn door , punched out the pin, punched out the bronze collars, where do I get new ones from?
New hinges for all 4 barn door corners = 1050 bucks nz from Nissan
I've read that much I not sure what refered to what,. Did someone say gu hinge pins available and not gq but similar enough to use. Also Nissan atlas truck pins?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok, update for who's interested,
I bought some d22 bronze collars for a navara.
They have a bit of slack on the pin but I've read somewhere that can take up on assembly of the hinge.
So.
I'm going to take apart the bottom hinge that's seized or tight and use them on that pin and housings.
If it works I'll do same to other lower door hinge then the only new hinges needed are the top ones that have the play.
I'll keep posting info on this because there's alsorts of rubbish about drilling them out or buy new hinges.
Well I've got them apart.

·
Registered
nissan
84 Posts
For what it's worth I replaced the hinges with the door on. It was easier by far than the drivers door hinges. Genuine Nissan and not cheap !

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Does anyone have a clear answer about where to buy a suitable pin kit for GU rear doors? Rather than the whole hinge from Nissan?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey Gary, If you send Me a close up pic of the hinge, I'll check it out and I may be able to re bush and re pin it for you, If you want to pm Me, i'll give you my email add. cheers.
Hi ferret. Its jayden here . I have finnished rebuild and iam fixing uo all repairs for rwc. Iam in need of repairing rear barn door hinges . They are a simple pin set up. Are you interested in this job . Iam happy to pay cash and postage ect .

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,538 Posts
Hi ferret. Its jayden here . I have finnished rebuild and iam fixing uo all repairs for rwc. Iam in need of repairing rear barn door hinges . They are a simple pin set up. Are you interested in this job . Iam happy to pay cash and postage ect .
Good luck with this, he hasn’t been around for a while.
BBA8B79D-2138-451B-A203-2F7B38B35F52.png
BBA8B79D-2138-451B-A203-2F7B38B35F52.png

1 - 20 of 21 Posts