Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,638 Posts
Yep. They look like cheap versions of ARB bars.

I'll stay with TJM barwork for now.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You would think that they would spell properly on the web page what an EXHAUASE?

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I think they look alright...
I think ARB units are vastly overpriced...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,092 Posts
does not look too bad with a bar on it. its just like the cruiser. ugly stock, add some accessories and it all changes. least we can mod it. so it cant be all that bad?

cheers Finchy

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I think a bit more RD is needed on that one. Why in 2011 do they continue going old school metal when we should be looking at carbon fiber version that’s reinforced or bring some tech from f1 playground. I await TJM to show us how it will be done !

·
Slow But Reliable
nissan gq patrol
527 Posts
I think a bit more RD is needed on that one. Why in 2011 do they continue going old school metal when we should be looking at carbon fiber version that’s reinforced or bring some tech from f1 playground. I await TJM to show us how it will be done !
Carbon fibre bar. How much would that cost? You said how much....? :shock:

·
Registered
597 Posts
A carbon fibre bullbar, now that is an intersting idea.....

Perhaps carbon fibre might be to brittle around the chassis mounts for such an application but i'm no expert, it's certainly strong enough in an F1 car tub. It would definately help in the weight department but when the thing already weighs in at a huge 2800 odd Kg adding a steel bar probably doesen't matter so much

Generally speaking I'm more concerned about the mass and overall size of the new model, more so than the suspension and its appearance as most others seem to be taking issue to

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Carbon fibre bar. How much would that cost? You said how much....? :shock:
I see hundreds of rice racers in civics with carbon bonnets (sad I know). I guess 2 or 3K for carbon bumper would be nice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
lots of spelling/grammar mistakes on their site :oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts