Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
The neg camber on the back of Coultards mustang stood out for some reason.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
They all have it. Bring back the solid rear.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
They all have it. Bring back the solid rear.
Yes I know they all have it, his just looked more pronounced for some reason.
Shame van gis finished his lap

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
That was a great lap by Cam Waters. :cool:

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
6,755 Posts
Bring back the solid rear.
I remember when Harrop first put an adjustable camber wheel mount on a solid rear axle. It made me realise these vehicles were no longer even paying lip service to their mechanical origins. It was almost as bad as the days when all the teams used a Chev engine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,645 Posts
I remember when Harrop first put an adjustable camber wheel mount on a solid rear axle. It made me realise these vehicles were no longer even paying lip service to their mechanical origins. It was almost as bad as the days when all the teams used a Chev engine.

Only the Holdens used the Chev, because the blue oval had the Holden 308 banned because Larry Perkins was devolping over 600hp from it.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
The Australian 308 was always a far superior motor to the Yank motor.

Foo

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,565 Posts
What's a Holden?

FORD all the way..308 is /was a boat anchor.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
What's a Holden?

FORD all the way..308 is /was a boat anchor.
Well that makes the 307 a piece of paper mache, because the 307 was nowhere near as a good a motor and I'm a Ford fan. 🖕

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
There you go. 😁

5. Last man standing
By 1993, most Commodore teams had switched to Chevrolet V8 power, but with years of development work up his sleeve, Larry Perkins stuck with the Holden V8 in his VP Commodore. Perkins took pole at Bathurst that year and he and co-driver Gregg Hansford won the race, after an epic battle with the Gibson Motorsport pair of Jim Richards and Mark Skaife. Perkins had Holden homologate a new head and stiffer block, allowing him to make full use of his slide throttle manifold.

Foo

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,681 Posts
There you go. 😁

5. Last man standing
By 1993, most Commodore teams had switched to Chevrolet V8 power, but with years of development work up his sleeve, Larry Perkins stuck with the Holden V8 in his VP Commodore. Perkins took pole at Bathurst that year and he and co-driver Gregg Hansford won the race, after an epic battle with the Gibson Motorsport pair of Jim Richards and Mark Skaife. Perkins had Holden homologate a new head and stiffer block, allowing him to make full use of his slide throttle manifold.

Foo
...and then he switched to the Chev engine....

As I remember it....
The 308 was at the end of its' development, and all the red teams badly wanted the Chev.
After they'd had the Chev for a couple of years, they wanted Ford heads on it....

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,434 Posts
Wasn't it also shrunk to a 304 to fit some stupid international rule that had no relevance to the Australian series at the time?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,645 Posts
...and then he switched to the Chev engine....

As I remember it....
The 308 was at the end of its' development, and all the red teams badly wanted the Chev.
After they'd had the Chev for a couple of years, they wanted Ford heads on it....

Screenshot_20201018-094552_YouTube.jpg

Around the 50min mark.

Here from the horses mouth.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,681 Posts
Wasn't it also shrunk to a 304 to fit some stupid international rule that had no relevance to the Australian series at the time?
5 litres was/is the category maximum.
The 308 and Chev were slightly over, and the Ford slightly under....

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
308=5.04722 😁

Reactions: Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
Not really no relevance, it was a 5L rule that applied to many categories.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,451 Posts
888 gorn. Lowndes did a great job. Wincup stuffed up.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts